PDA

View Full Version : Soundblaster audigy the main reason of D3 crashes to Desktop?

Nv40
08-03-04, 11:35 PM
i was unable to play Doom3 for longer than a couple of minutes (2-4) without crashes to desktop. removed my Audigy1 game card ,using the onboard motherboard integrated Sound and now sucessfully played for more than an Hour. Creative and Doom3 doesnt mix well.. so try removing your card and use the onboard sound if you can.. and see if it fix your problems.

Vapor Trail
08-03-04, 11:46 PM
I've bBeen playing for almost 4 hours now, not a single crash and I'm using an Audigy 1.

?????

Edge
08-04-04, 12:40 AM
Hmm, hope I don't have any problems with my Audigy 2 that I just bought (for $44, no less :D ), my guess is it's a hardware conflict that's system-specific (or maybe driver related). Audigy cards aren't exactly known for their compatability...

Nv40
08-04-04, 02:49 AM
I've bBeen playing for almost 4 hours now, not a single crash and I'm using an Audigy 1.

?????

mm.. interesting,, :)

what drivers are u using ?
my audigy1 works well in all games ,but not in Doom3..

evilchris
08-04-04, 03:20 AM
I'm using an Audigy 1 Platinum with no problems. Played 3 hours straight.

roccer
08-04-04, 09:37 AM
i too have an audigy1 gamer. using the lastest and greatest :retard: drivers from Creative's site hooked to my creative megaworks 550 5.1 speakers. the game runs and sounds perfect. not a single crash. longest play with no breaks was 3hrs and all was fine.

Ninjaman09
08-04-04, 09:48 AM
I'm also using an Audigy 1 Gamer, no problems at all, it sounds great. Maybe you card is just messed up or something. Try moving it to a different PCI slot and see what happens.

Krakn3Dfx
08-04-04, 11:26 AM
i was unable to play Doom3 for longer than a couple of minutes (2-4) without crashes to desktop. removed my Audigy1 game card ,using the onboard motherboard integrated Sound and now sucessfully played for more than an Hour. Creative and Doom3 doesnt mix well.. so try removing your card and use the onboard sound if you can.. and see if it fix your problems.

Using an Audigy LS here (yeah, I know, cheap sh*t, but it sounds really good and has most of the features an Augidy 2 has.), and it hasn't crashed out on me once.