PDA

View Full Version : MSI Geforce 5700LE-TD256 issue

borges
08-04-04, 12:28 AM
Hi there, well I bought this card a couple of days ago and I installed the lastest nvidia driver (61.77, windows xp sp1) without any problems. However, sometimes i have flickering issues, specially when i move a window, or just i minimize it (and maximize it too). Have anyone experienced this issue before?. I also disabled the vsync property. Maybe related to this issue is the fact that sometimes i see red vertical dotted lines when i move a window which is in front of another, just take a look a the picture.

By the way, I'm using a viewsonic G75f monitor (1280x1024@75Hz), i wish i could use 80Hz just like when I had the old card (Geforce2).

Any suggestions?

--
Andres.

Superfly
08-04-04, 03:45 AM
looking at that picture you hav'nt got your monitor drivers installed at all - that could well make a difference.

borges
08-05-04, 08:32 PM
I installed the driver provided by Viewsonic and then I unistalled it for testing purposes without any results, but that didn't solve my problem.

Then I uninstalled the GART driver 3.77 which is included in the nforce unified driver (I had to install that driver because I have an integrated nforce chip in my mobo) and finally, I installed 61.77 forceware driver, so everything is working now. :lame: :)

Thanks anyway,

--
Andres.

fizgig
08-17-04, 10:22 PM
I am having the same problem, MSI Geforce 4 TI 4800 SE, Viewsonic A95f @ 85hz, 61.77 Forceware Drivers, XP SP 1

It clicks and flickers to black as if changing refresh rates when I right click video files, the nvidia icon in the system tray, right after booting, and whenever the hardware is scanned (e.g. add hardware wizard)

borges
08-17-04, 10:32 PM
Did you uninstall the last driver? in my case the problem was the GART driver provided by the nforce unified driver.

fizgig
08-17-04, 10:50 PM
I should have said I have an Asus P4P800 Deluxe Motherboard, 2.8ghz P4, 800mhz FSB with Intel Chipset 82865PE

I've checked the fans, voltage and temperature and everything is running fine, the only thing that changed was the driver. I've also uninstalled almost every codec, reinstalled the driver once, and installed DirectX 9C and nothing so far has helped.