PDA

View Full Version : Pls help me :(

D-RaH
08-05-04, 06:08 PM
hi,

i recently bought a 6800 GT OC BFG. And i have a problem. Basically if i run a game and hit exit. the game crashes and i have to endtask it. but with doom3 i cant get out of it so i have to restart the whole system. after alot of testing with counter strike if i run it in software mode it closes fine. if i run it in D3D it also closes fine. but as soon as i set it to use opengl and hit exit it crashes.

I have installed and tried about 5 different sets of drivers and i just dont understand it.

My system specs are:

AMD Athlon XP 2400+
1GB Crucial PC2700
msi kt4 ultra
Geforce 6800 GT OC (BFG)

So basically its just in opengl mode so i dont know if its a setting im overlooking or a certain driver i need. i have tried 61.77, 61.76, 61.36 and a few others.

Thanks in advance guys,

Damien

garikfox
08-05-04, 06:33 PM
Is yer Fast Writes Enabled in BIOS ?

D-RaH
08-05-04, 06:47 PM
yes it is

-=DVS=-
08-05-04, 07:07 PM
My best guess would be windows are screwd up , you got newest 4 in 1s VIA drivers ? Motherboard bios update is an option also ! , if nothing helps can try reinstalling windows as last resort .

D-RaH
08-05-04, 07:18 PM
hey. yeh this was a fresh install of xp. anyway i have finally sorted it
i installed the 61.80 drivers and now all is good and workin. thankyou so much for havin the time to atleast try and help me.

Thanks again,

Damien

MOC
08-08-04, 03:17 PM
Do a Msinfo32.exe

Since IRQ sharing is not considered a ‘conflict’, your computer will not raise any red flags (or yellow exclamation marks!). No errors will occur, but your network card will still not work.

In comes a handy system utility inside windows called MSINFO, or rather, MSINFO32.

From the START menu, select run and type in MSINFO32.exe and click OK

Open the “Hardware Resources” tree and then select the “Conflicts/Sharing” folder. If your NIC appears here, your NIC is sharing an IRQ! NOTE: if it is only sharing an IRQ with "PCI IRQ Steering" it's OK. IRQ steering is not a real device.

The best way to change the IRQ your NIC has is to place the NIC in another slot. If you do not have another slot, you may have to swap your cards around to find a combination that works. Many cards these days do not mind sharing IRQ’s, but NIC’s are often not one of them.

It's always worth a shot to see if there's any IRQ conflicts.