PDA

View Full Version : Possible Solution for your stutter in BF-Vietnam

Zzorrkk
08-06-04, 04:59 AM
Hi there,

I noticed some threads about stuttering here. At least with BF-Vietnam, my stuttering seems to be directly soundcard related. As soon as I try to use EAX I get heavy stuttering (latest creative drivers, BF-V patch 1.1). I had the same with my old Radeon 9700pro.

Using Miles 2d sound does it for me. Smooth as silk with all details maxed at 1280x960 online... :super: Thats with the 61.77 drivers...

Hope nobody posted this already. Got the card 5 days ago, and i'm new here (newb)

Hope it helps,
Zzorrkk

mariorulz247
08-06-04, 09:56 AM
ill try thanks ;)

mrgoodcheese
08-06-04, 10:13 AM
That's strange. I have the exact same sound card as you, but I use EAX3 in BF:VN without any problems at all. I've had it on EAX3 since the day the game came out, and never had any stuttering or lag issues.

Make sure you have the latest Audigy drivers and the 61.77 video drivers. Then if you want EAX3 (IMO it's much better than the M2D), set it ingame to EAX3, then play around with different settings in video, adjusting the levels and such.

Even though you have the most powerful video card on the market, it likely can't handle the huge demand of audio and video maxed in BF:VN. That game can bring even the most powerful computer to it's knees, especially if AA/AF are set high. You just have to find the sweet spot of audio and video, where the game runs smooth, and you definitely should be able to run EAX3.

Also, go here and follow the instructions on doing the couple of tweaks in the first post, big improvement for everyone that has done them:
http://www.fpscentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=65578

ghandhi
08-06-04, 02:35 PM
hi guys i have the same probs as you in farcry3dmark 03 and doom 3
i also noticed that if i disable eax or 5.1 everything stops no more pauses
see system specs:

msi 875p mobo
p4 2.2
zalman alcu copper cooler
1 gig pc2700
audigy 2
creative 6.1 spks
wintvpvr350
2 x 120 gig maxtor sata in raid 0
msi nx 6800 ultra
sony dru 510a dvd rewriter
liteon dvd rom
antec true power 550w psu

Zzorrkk
08-06-04, 07:32 PM
@ ghandhi

I don't have this in Far Cry or 3dmark2003... And Doom III is not out in Germany yet.... I guess you may have a CPU bottleneck, going for max sound and max graphics.

@mrgoodcheese

Thanks for the tips - I'll do some testing...

Bye,
Zzorrkk