PDA

View Full Version : Leadtek 6800GT OEM model

myshkinbob
08-06-04, 08:40 AM
I just got my leadtek 6800GT from overclockers.co.uk this afternoon and found something a little worrying at first. As you'll see in reviews, the leadtek's have custom copper heatsinks on them, and on the retail models, the GT and ultra models have 2 slot coolers. However to save £15 i bought the oem, as i didn't want the games bundle, but when i opened it up i found it had the single slot copper heatsink of the 6800nu!

As you can imagine, i'm thinking, they've sent me an nu, the gits. anyway i thought i'd pop it in my machine just to check, and to my suprise, it is a GT according to my drivers. What's more, even with the single slot cooler, it clocks up to 400/1100 easily, without a hint of artifacting. The temp at idle is 57c (my case is has an ambient of 41c, terrible i know). After leaving rthdribl running for a while, max temp is 74c.

I thought i'd better make a seperate post about this just in case anyone orders the leadtek 6800GT oem version and thinks they've been sent a 6800nu like i did.

The non-reference heatsink is really quite quiet btw, you can hear it, but it's quieter than the stock fan was on my old ti4200 at least.

Oh, could anyone please tell me of any software i could use just to verify the card has the full 16 pipes active? That'd reassure me a little more still.

kahloq
08-06-04, 09:15 AM
All GT models have a single slot cooling solution. There is a typo on that site listing the GT as 2 slot solution. No GT is a 2 slot card

Tanith
08-06-04, 09:20 AM
the GT from leadtek is a 2 slot solution...
review at bjorn3d (http://www.************/read.php?cID=660)

Pandora's Box
08-06-04, 09:20 AM
All GT models have a single slot cooling solution. There is a typo on that site listing the GT as 2 slot solution. No GT is a 2 slot card

the leadtek is. hold on lemme grab a pic.

Pandora's Box
08-06-04, 09:22 AM
http://www.xbitlabs.com/images/video/pc-radx800pro-extreme/gt_board-b.jpg

here is a comparison between the bfg 6800 ultra and leadtek gt:

http://www.************/Material/ReviewImages/LeadtekA400GT/comparison2.jpg

kahloq
08-06-04, 09:28 AM
Hmmm that cooler is fricken huge LOL in the pictures it looks higher then an Ultra fan solution on anyother vendors board.

kahloq
08-06-04, 09:30 AM
The bjorn review also states that the gpu runs hot. Im surprised then why there is that 2 slot monster fan on the GT from leadtek and it still runs hot.

Gurra101
08-06-04, 10:16 AM
It´s because it is clocked att 425Mhz out of the box i have read and that the fan have lower RPM than the referens card! So its quieter and a litle faster at the expens of a lilttle more heat but not that much that Bjorn says! A usere on this forum get this on his Leadtek Ultra card "with air con on , 50-53 C idle, 63-64 C load" Not to bad i think!

kahloq
08-06-04, 10:18 AM
Im below that for idle on my BFG ultra oc at 47c idle

Pandora's Box
08-06-04, 10:22 AM
thing that interests me in the leadtek 6800 gt and ultras is its the same cooler for both the gt and ultra. so your pretty much guaranteed ultra speeds from the gt.

FlashGordon
08-06-04, 10:24 AM
I have a retail Leadtek 6800GT and it is a two slot design due to large cooler. Card is very big and heavy with all copper that is used, and it is very quiet. Temps aren't too bad I don't think. It idles at 53c with ambient at 41c. Only problem I had with the card is the length. It barely fits. I had to rearrange my hard drive setup. Its longer than my previous 5900XT. BTW, this card rocks. Doom3 plays smooth and the graphics are beautiful at high quality.

myshkinbob
08-06-04, 10:26 AM
I think i can live without the 2 slot cooler, though i am a little dissapointed i got the one slot, at least the card stays cool and stable at Ultra speeds, so i really have no reason to complain.

Anybody know of a card info tool that'll tell me about the available pipelines though?

kahloq
08-06-04, 10:28 AM
Well really quick run 3dmark03. If you score comparable to other ppl using a GT then you know your ok. If you score significantly less, then you have a problem.

myshkinbob
08-06-04, 10:31 AM
10300 3dmarks, seems like 16 pipes to me, considering i have a 2400+ 266fsb with only 512mb of pc2100.

Pandora's Box
08-06-04, 10:34 AM
I have a retail Leadtek 6800GT and it is a two slot design due to large cooler. Card is very big and heavy with all copper that is used, and it is very quiet. Temps aren't too bad I don't think. It idles at 53c with ambient at 41c. Only problem I had with the card is the length. It barely fits. I had to rearrange my hard drive setup. Its longer than my previous 5900XT. BTW, this card rocks. Doom3 plays smooth and the graphics are beautiful at high quality.

Hmm that concerns me a little. It being so big and heavy as you state and since i move my comp around allot due to lan parties i wonder if its such a good idea for me to get this card and not a single slot design. maybe an msi 6800 gt would be better...

kahloq
08-06-04, 11:05 AM
10300 3dmarks, seems like 16 pipes to me, considering i have a 2400+ 266fsb with only 512mb of pc2100.

Your fine :)

wickfut
09-28-04, 04:56 PM
just seen this post - i got the exact same card and it worried me too

has a nvidia green standard GT PCB but with a A400 1 slot cooler

i emailed leadtek and they responded with a quick link to download some software to see how many pipes are active and yes it says 16

BUT??

cannot update the bios in the card with winfox and the propper bios from leadtek - tried all 3 different types of bios and no joy at all - the card is not recognised as compatible ?

i think its a preproduction review sample or something that we have or maybe some weird "made to be thrown in a dell"

anyway - still saved about 50+ off the retail price so im happy with it and i may have a pop at installing an arctic nv5 on it soon to see what evactly is under the hsf as when i autodetect the o/c i hit great clock and mem speeds with no artifacts :)

edit: vendor bios ID is 107D for leadtek but the product ID of 2997 does not match the GT as that is 2996 ?