PDA

View Full Version : Nightmare

grey_1
08-06-04, 12:21 PM
Hi all, new to this forum...Has anyone beaten 'Nightmare' difficulty yet? I'm only at the beginning of it and it's already giving me fits. Wild Ride this game is, I LIKE it!

Kev1
08-06-04, 12:26 PM
I'm just starting on easiest one, and I have already been killed twice just trying to get back to Marine HQ :eek:

I'll play game at each difficulty, but I could not even finish Q3 on Nightmare Mode. Good luck.

Nightmare Mode = (owned) by Doom3

Riptide
08-06-04, 12:33 PM
Quake3 had a singleplayer mode?

mrrolf
08-06-04, 01:02 PM
what is Nightmare level like?

Are the enemies faster? stronger? smarter?

myshkinbob
08-06-04, 02:05 PM
you start with only 25hp, and enemies can kill you VERY easily. However you also get the soul cube from the very start, so topping up your health is easier.

ynnek
08-06-04, 02:26 PM
Do the monster auto respawn in Nightmare mode? If I remember correctly, in the original doom, the monsters auto respawned in nightmare mode.. So when you think you cleared out the whole level, new monsters appear...

CaptNKILL
08-06-04, 02:37 PM
Do the monster auto respawn in Nightmare mode? If I remember correctly, in the original doom, the monsters auto respawned in nightmare mode.. So when you think you cleared out the whole level, new monsters appear...
God i hated that! It was hard enough on nightmare, they didnt need to do that. There just wasnt enough ammo.

Mr.Clawz950
08-06-04, 10:58 PM
I'm playing on Nightmare atm myself. I've only gotten 5 levels in since yesterday. These monsters are absolutely kicking my ass up and down the maps.