PDA

View Full Version : I Updated the Drivers and.......

Timsta
08-06-04, 02:32 PM
hey I updated my drivers to the newest ones and I am having a weird problem. Other than the monitors colour being a little different whenever I go to play a video it changes the whole resolution and the screen goes past the size of the monitor, so I am only seeing a part of the screen. I can change it back after but when I play a movie it messes up. Can anyone give me a hand?

Thanks

Tim

MOC
08-08-04, 04:12 PM
What are you trying to play ? did you use driver cleaner after the next boot ,after uninstalling the drivers ? And not to be a **** but look at
the card you have ...save your money ,5200 is a terrible card for anything
graphic intensive

Just for the heck of it ,do a Google ,,,and put in . how bad is my FX5200

You might get 50,000 hits .lol

Timsta
08-08-04, 11:12 PM
I know what kind of card I have....I'm not a pc gamer man. And its not the movie or anything because it happens when I play any video. I installed direct x 9.0c and then the new driver, and then it would mess up.

deed
08-09-04, 12:13 AM
into the property menu through right click the mouse,and select the set up button,
there are two monitors labels,click the second ,turn off the expand model if it's turn on
,if it's not this reason maybe you should check the nview setting

mrrolf
08-15-04, 03:12 PM
I'm having the same problem on my bfg 6800 gt. Some times when I play videos or start up a game, the screen stretches horzontally 2X. It doesn't happen everytime, probably once every 3 days or so. If I try to change resolution, it will correct itself.

I'm using the DXsummer update with 61.77 drivers. I looked for the possible second monitor to disable it, but I'm pretty sure I only have one installed/enabled.