PDA

View Full Version : Nvidia Driver Application Profiles

SpiderWoW
08-06-04, 03:37 PM
do i handle them incorrectly or is it a fact that you have to choose the setting manually everytime before you start that specific game

i prepared an profile for UT2004 turning on some antialiasing
but unless i switch it myself its not used
the same happens on the predefined sets ( e.g. the profile is not selected automatically on gamestart) although the image is set correctly (farcry.exe)

OWA
08-06-04, 03:40 PM
You're probably just doing something wrong. It should occur automatically. Set and forget.

Try here for help:

http://www.nvidia.com/object/profiles.html

SpiderWoW
08-06-04, 04:04 PM
i am using driver 61.77 and a 2 monitor system
i did some additional tests

the result:
also when i am selecting the UT2004 profile manually the anti aliasing i configured does not work (the checkmark is on, not application controlled 4x).
its only taking effect when i change it on the global setting
the profile is correctly connected to my UT2004.EXE in my UT installation directory (/System of course)

SpiderWoW
08-08-04, 05:22 AM
anyone ?!?

in my opinion my UT2004 profile is set up correctly (linked to the correct EXE file, a checkmark on AA setting, AA not application controlled and set to 4x or 8x), but it is not selected on gamestart. the AA setting only affects the game when i change it in the global setting ?!

p.s.: i verify it at the end of an instant game of assault / mothership introduction where you end in front of the core. without AA the vertical pipes (a lot of small ones) have a lot of ugly steps (even on 1600 x 1200).

SpiderWoW
08-08-04, 03:10 PM
can somebody confirm its really working on your pc and tell me the driver version.

PerfectCr
08-08-04, 06:54 PM
can somebody confirm its really working on your pc and tell me the driver version.

Yep works fine here, 61.77. Not sure what your doing. Could be a PEBCAK error. Solution? Read up on the profiles, how they work. Test some others.

SpiderWoW
08-09-04, 12:23 PM
...Could be a PEBCAK error. Solution? Read up on the profiles, how they work...
you seem to think i am an idiot - tnx for that - maybe you just believe its working ... i am sure its not working on my pc

SpiderWoW
08-10-04, 02:47 PM
its seems to be possible to create profiles for a lot of programms where its working perfectly (all nvidia demos for instance)

but it seems not to work for UT2004 ?!

deleted and rebuild the profile already, but the AA setting affects the game only when changed in the gobal application profile ?!

the profile is bound to UT2004.exe (now also already to the UCC exes).
this is also the started/running image/task when playing UT2004.

anyone ?