PDA

View Full Version : Yeah, I let my 4 year old watch for 20 minutes...

Krakn3Dfx
08-06-04, 05:30 PM
...followed by 2 hours later that night where he wouldn't go to sleep because he was scared the "fire man is gonna shoot out of the ground beside my bed and get me!".

I'll accept my Father of the Year nominations now thanks.

vampireuk
08-06-04, 05:38 PM
:rofl

Not the best way to get them to sleep :D

Pandora's Box
08-06-04, 05:51 PM
lol

ricercar
08-06-04, 06:02 PM
Me spouse forbiade Doom3 while the 3-year old is awake.

ragejg
08-06-04, 06:06 PM
When my little girl was 3, her favorite movie was Legend , and she was intrigued by Tool videos (they were playing 4 in a row on MTV and she insisted on seeing all 4) ...

:firedevil

Kamel
08-06-04, 06:31 PM
lol, i've let my nephew chase watch me plenty... but he kinda gets bored fast as the computer screen is just as interesting to him as a pop can; he's only 2.

DaveW
08-06-04, 09:06 PM
My 4 year old sat on my lap and played the delta labs with me for an hour, didn't phase him in the slightest. His favorite weapons are the shotgun and chainsaw :)

CaptNKILL
08-06-04, 09:15 PM
When my little girl was 3, her favorite movie was Legend , and she was intrigued by Tool videos (they were playing 4 in a row on MTV and she insisted on seeing all 4) ...

:firedevil
Sounds like me... i loved tool when I was like 8 years old... and some of my favorite movies were Predator, Legend, Alien (1,2,3), Terminator 1,2... and look at me, i turned out perfectly normal! *hides 10 inch kitchen knife under desk* (crazy)

WeReWoLf
08-06-04, 09:39 PM
lol.. if i let me nephew watch me play doom3 my mum would kill me. matter of fact if she watched me play doom 3 she would kill me... (religious purposes...)

Serath
08-06-04, 09:43 PM
Ummmm... I let my cats watch... they didn' seem to care. o.O

SH64
08-06-04, 10:39 PM
Doom3 + kids = :nono:

Mr. Hunt
08-06-04, 10:47 PM
Not if you parent them well. Violent video games are the same for kids as they are for adults IF the parents teach them the difference between reality and fiction.

Banko
08-06-04, 10:50 PM
The first time I play wolf 3d I was 5 or so. Played doom lots when I was 7 :P

Kamel
08-06-04, 10:50 PM
i don't know about you guys, but i'd like to teach my kid that if a demon breaks into our house, you should shoot the bastard... multiple times, until he decinegrates (just to make sure).

SH64
08-06-04, 10:54 PM
Heh .. my dad didnt care at all when i played scary or gory games when i was a kid . he just kept warning me not to play games with hot babes or pr0n materials on them lol .

SH64
08-06-04, 10:58 PM
i don't know about you guys, but i'd like to teach my kid that if a demon breaks into our house, you should shoot the bastard... multiple times, until he decinegrates (just to make sure).

Thats not enough! you should also inform him that without good framerate he will not be able to shoot the demon correctly & the consequences for this will be very bad .. :p

Kamel
08-06-04, 11:06 PM
omg my physics engine wont update fast enough, so the relationship of the characters to the world; i would render unchanged frames! maybe it's time to update this 386.

yea, i should probably keep a chainsaw handy incase he ever needs to fight the demons... since it doesn't run out of ammo.

back on subject though, lol... i actually have tried to get my mom to look at d3 and how amazing it is and she wont :( really bothers me, because if she got for example a new car she'd want me to look at it and see how neat it is :(

HaVoK-G2
08-07-04, 01:23 AM
Hehe Chainsaws run on gas silly :P Unless its a nuke powered super chainsaw with diamond tipped blades! muahahah :wong:

ricercar
08-07-04, 03:52 AM
Not if you parent them well. Violent video games are the same for kids as they are for adults IF the parents teach them the difference between reality and fiction.
Yeah sure. Pull the other one. When was the last time you were able to explain to a three-year old the difference between reality and fiction? :rolleyes:

NightFire
08-07-04, 10:44 AM
Father of the year award is not presented to you, but to Michael Jackson.
Hahaha!

Kamel
08-07-04, 11:22 AM
Father of the year award is not presented to you, but to Michael Jackson.
Hahaha!

that's just wrong, lmao

Slyder
08-07-04, 01:37 PM
...followed by 2 hours later that night where he wouldn't go to sleep because he was scared the "fire man is gonna shoot out of the ground beside my bed and get me!".

I'll accept my Father of the Year nominations now thanks.

Well I was going to offer you most responsible father of the year, but you dont qualify for that anymore. :rolleyes: