PDA

View Full Version : what did i miss? (possibly a spoiler, alpha labs 3 i think)

Kamel
08-06-04, 09:58 PM
when i was at i think alpha labs 3, there was that huge laser thing you had to open the fence and run through before it activated... instead of going forward there, the laser attracted me, so i was never able to actually check what was ahead if i had gone forward. did i miss anything major? on the right there was a cabinet i couldn't open, anyone remember what was in it?

i'm just curious... i will not digress 4 or so levels just to figure it out, but if anyone knows could tell me i'd appreciate it :D

Kamel
08-06-04, 10:08 PM
wow, i posted this in the gaming central forums... terribly sorry, it's getting late here, lol.

cam9786
08-06-04, 10:57 PM
Lol, Dunno what your talking about, it's late here too.

CaptNKILL
08-07-04, 08:42 PM
when i was at i think alpha labs 3, there was that huge laser thing you had to open the fence and run through before it activated... instead of going forward there, the laser attracted me, so i was never able to actually check what was ahead if i had gone forward. did i miss anything major? on the right there was a cabinet i couldn't open, anyone remember what was in it?

i'm just curious... i will not digress 4 or so levels just to figure it out, but if anyone knows could tell me i'd appreciate it :D
What do you mean? I know what you are talking about... the big thing that charges, then fires a blue beam down a hallway, and you have to exit through a maintenance door in that hallway (before the laser blasts you). Do you mean, you dont know whats at the END of that hallway? Toward where the laser fires? Because as far as i know, it was either a wall, or instant death... :D

Zeta
08-08-04, 02:39 PM
There was nothing major in the locker. Some armor or health or grenades, something minor. It was nothing like a BFG or Plamsa or Chaingun if thats what your asking.

kev13dd
08-09-04, 01:15 AM
I don't get why everyone is like "will doing such and such (or not doing such and such) effect me later in the game?" Common. If it lets you do it, or not do it, then you will be fine later in the game. As long as it lets you keep going, most anything you skip is nothing. It's just a normal game, no alternate endings that are super different than eachother. All paths lead to the same thing

K

Btw, what I mean to say, is NO. You are not missing anything that will effect you later in the game

Blacklash
08-09-04, 04:47 AM
You guys ran? I just crouched and ducked walked heh. Each time it paused to recharge I stood and moved further down.

SH0DAN
08-09-04, 04:55 AM
You guys ran? I just crouched and ducked walked heh. Each time it paused to recharge I stood and moved further down.

same here :)

edit:I'm in alpha labs 2 and dont have the BFG yet!?!??!? I have seen others post they had the BFG by that point,without cheating.How do I get it ??

edit2: I 'm a level or so past abrams room,and dont want to re-play the level
just for the BFG.

Mullins1060
08-09-04, 01:51 PM
the bfg is in a martian buddy locker not quite sure what level i picked it up in though.

Severian126
08-09-04, 06:55 PM
the bfg is in a martian buddy locker not quite sure what level i picked it up in though.

WTF! I opened that locker and got a chain gun instead! :(

Zeta
08-09-04, 07:27 PM
I got a chain gun too. Maybe you get different items based on the difficulty you play it on?

WeReWoLf
08-09-04, 07:41 PM
I cannot remember where i got the BFG, but i got it, the rocket launcher and the Soul Cube sometime between Alpha Labs 3 and Delta Labs 3.

Zeta
08-09-04, 09:16 PM
I belive that, but that is a lot of levels in between those.

WeReWoLf
08-09-04, 10:14 PM
yeah i know... makes it harder for me to remember... lol

kahloq
08-09-04, 10:22 PM
HMMMm I didnt get BFG until Delta Labs section 2 area where you can see it in an office on a display thing. The martian buddy locker had BFG ammo in it(1) and other stuff. As far as soul cube, how the heck you get it in alpha. Im down in lower lvls of Delta and have already come to the "soul cube" room and find that whats his a$$es name has it in hell and says I'll never get it.

WeReWoLf
08-09-04, 10:27 PM
I have no idea, but i do have it...

kahloq
08-09-04, 10:29 PM
What difficulty you playing on? Maybe the martian buddy lockers are completely random in whats inside...possibly dependant on what you have in inventory when you UNLOCK it.

ricercar
08-11-04, 02:06 AM
As long as it lets you keep going, most anything you skip is nothing. ...All paths lead to the same thingI'm skeptical. I think i missed something big. I'm blocked by flaming gas, filling the hall over a body of a marine (had armor and a shotgun). The only other path is through the electrocution stairway. WTF? Where was I supposed to turn off the gas? Where was I supposed to turn off the electricity?

Zeta
08-11-04, 06:22 AM
There is a computer terminal near that door way. You click on the terminal and it will put out the fire. The computer terminal in on a walk way that is raised just slightly, you go up just a few steps. After you go up the steps hang a right. I know exactly where it is but its kinda hard to describe with out drawing a picture. If this doesnt help I can make a crappy diagram in paint or something.

ricercar
08-11-04, 01:54 PM
thx, i'll look for it. I was hoping i didn't have to go back to the marine HQ...

npras42
08-11-04, 02:43 PM
The switch to turn off the fire is not far away from that fire-laden door at all really. Just take a look up the stairs, I think....