PDA

View Full Version : New Unreal 3 engine screenshots

Pages : [1] 2

AthlonXP1800
08-07-04, 06:13 PM
2006 is 2 years away when Unreal 3 will be done, but it wont be unreal, it will have realistic graphics that will finally surpassed Final Fantasy: The Spirits Within movie quality. :nanahump:

http://premium.uploadit.org/tork64/unreal7.jpg

:afraid: The face is look so real, look like somebody familar or actor took his face scanned into 3D model. Hmmmm cant wait to scan Keanu Reeves and Hugo Weaving's faces for the next Matrix game based on Unreal 3 engine. :drooling:

Here more Unreal 3 engine screenshots (http://discuss.futuremark.com/forum/showflat.pl?Cat=&Board=gaminggeneral&Number=4185910&page=&view=&sb=&o=&fpart=1&vc=1).

Mr. Hunt
08-07-04, 06:40 PM
That looks INSANE.

But yeah... it isn't that much better than the FarCry engine :rolleyes: .

majortom
08-07-04, 07:32 PM
WTF? that cant be real. it looks like a photo of a fake head. i mean, you can tell the head is fake, but it looks like a real fake head, not a computer generated one. its the lighting....sweeeeet. lets see a doom3 remake with this engine (LOL)

Intel17
08-07-04, 07:35 PM
:drooling: :drooling: :drooling: :drooling: :drooling:

Great times to be a PC gamer :)

SH64
08-07-04, 07:47 PM
:bugeyes: simply outstanding !

*searchs for a leaked UE3 demo* :p

aAv7
08-07-04, 09:39 PM
yea a leaked demo would be sweet..prolly run @ 8fps on a 6800 ultra ee oc'd lol.

CaptNKILL
08-07-04, 09:44 PM
Looks great, but i swear ive never seen anyone that looks like that...

If they are going to use so much detail, they should make people with more realistic facial features. I guess someone probably looks like that, but they are one funny lookin mofugga :D

EDIT: Also, i doubt this kind of detail will make it into the final game. Go back and look at some of the original Doom 3 footage... it had 100% soft shadows and more detailed textures. Lots of stuff gets cut out during developement, early things like this are used to get people's attention, so they will be a lot more amazing than the final product... i really hope they prove me wrong though, because that looks awesome :D

Intel17
08-07-04, 10:17 PM
:drooling: :drooling: :drooling: :drooling:

nvm my last posts.

killahsin
08-08-04, 01:59 AM
They have some great texture artists working for them.

Kamel
08-08-04, 02:31 AM
i dunno what you all are talking about, that head looks like its totally made out of poxels/point sprites. i'm sure it's not finished or whatever, but the quality of it looks like ass IMO. the lighting and details are nice though

Clay
08-08-04, 02:34 AM
i dunno what you all are talking about, that head looks like its totally made out of poxels/point sprites. i'm sure it's not finished or whatever, but the quality of it looks like ass IMO. the lighting and details are nice thoughThat's a magazine scan you know....so you know how low print quality is in magazines...likely that is the effect you are seeing.

XP_GUN
08-08-04, 02:41 AM
D***** you mean its time to upgrade again. :rolleyes:

I cant belive how realistic things are geting, I remimber looking at Elite Force and saying how awsome it was to see there expression on there face. "that was my first big game that I played when It came out"

Clay
08-08-04, 02:44 AM
D***** you mean its time to upgrade again. :rolleyes:Heh, no not yet. U3 likely won't be around in production/game form until later next year.

XP_GUN
08-08-04, 02:55 AM
^ still not even really a beta or even a alpha yet the only thing that we know is that It will come out before half life 2 dose 2 years from now. :rofl

cam9786
08-08-04, 06:27 PM
Keep in Mind, the presentation WAS run on a 6800 Ultra, and that it was rendered pretty fast (35FPS and up).

holmes
08-08-04, 08:15 PM
sweet! he's an ugly sob, but he still looks damn good.
:drooling:

Ninja Prime
08-08-04, 10:06 PM
Keep in Mind, the presentation WAS run on a 6800 Ultra, and that it was rendered pretty fast (35FPS and up).

Err.. I heard it was running on a 6800 Ultra Extreme and was running at somewhere between 5-10 fps... Where did you hear 35fps from?

jAkUp
08-09-04, 12:16 AM
no... I saw it in real time at E3... it looked pretty smooth to me.. maybe 25-40 fps

six_storm
08-09-04, 09:37 AM
Wow, looks great. Like somebody said earlier, start saving for a GeForce 9 with 4 GB RAM! I look forward to having games with that much graphic detail, since I'm a graphics junkie. Great screens.

DaveW
08-09-04, 10:27 AM

Looked more like 10-15fps to me.

Intel17
08-10-04, 01:27 AM
Ok, seriously, I thought that was a render at first...damn!! See, this is what happens when the guy who's doing the engines isnt focusing on damn rocket ships and constantly improves his engine.

The Unreal Engine has always been the standard in the industry and the technology leader...in 2006, it will go face to face with carmacks new and last engine, and i bet it will beat it :)

ragejg
08-10-04, 01:40 AM
last engine, suuuure... carmack will make engines till he dies!!! :p

WeReWoLf
08-10-04, 01:41 AM
carmack's last engine? he has stated that he will be making engines as long as there are new graphical boundries to break and it interests him. So i'm guessing he'll retire when we get the perfect VR Units.

Intel17
08-10-04, 01:55 AM
Well he said he had at least 1 good engine in him...but i see your points :) He wont retire. Its like Jimi Hendrix saying "I aint gunna play guitar anymore".

As long as John Carmack and Tim Sweeney stay in the business, we're all gunna have a graphical feast.

stncttr908
08-10-04, 11:35 AM
Well he said he had at least 1 good engine in him...but i see your points :) He wont retire. Its like Jimi Hendrix saying "I aint gunna play guitar anymore".

As long as John Carmack and Tim Sweeney stay in the business, we're all gunna have a graphical feast.
Let's just jope that Carmack doesn't do drugs then. :nanahump:

Those screenies are so pretty they're almost blasphemous.