PDA

View Full Version : Nvidia drivers without control panel?

KingRoLo
08-08-04, 07:56 AM
hi, is there a version of the lastest nvidia (or older, dont care) drivers which are 'drivers only' without the integrated control panel? Because its interferring with my ATI control panel - ive got a dual monitor setup (9700pro for main monitor and FX5200 for secondary).

thankyou.

RoLo

Sir Random
08-08-04, 11:38 AM
No,
Nvidia drivers/cp are all in one.

I don't think it's advisable to have ATi and NV cards installed together. Both driver sets will have conflicts with the other drivers.

o/t:
I don't know why ATi use seperate installs for drivers/cp, imagine if you had to install a game/app, and then install the menu/setup program to configure it?

msxyz
08-08-04, 01:53 PM
Windows XP SP2 includes updated drivers. All NVidia and Ati cards up to date are recognized and supported. (I've not tested a X800 or 6800, though)

The drivers that come with WinXP are basically stripped down WHQL drivers without additional control panels and utilities.

KingRoLo
08-10-04, 04:15 PM
thankyou :)

strange though, the dual monitor setup i have at work doesnt complain when ive got an ATI FireGL and and Nvidia TNT2 installed on the same machine, in fact they are quite happy together <3 <3 ??

its only on my machine with the latest drivers for my 9700pro and FX5200 is when i get ATI control panel crashing out (i even get a strange crackling and popping sound when there is activity on the desktop, almost like interferrence) anwayz as a temporary fix i was just hoping to get hold of a stripped down version of the nvidia drivers without the control panel.

thanks for the suggestion of SP2 btw :)

Is it wise the download the latest SP? is it any good, it wont screw up my system will it ? :)

RoLo