PDA

View Full Version : Temperature monitor in system tray for 6800 Ultra?

Arioch
08-08-04, 09:13 AM
I apologize if this is in the wrong forum.

I have looked at Speedfan and I do not want to install some special drivers but is there a simply utility available that I can use to show my GPU temperature in the system tray for my 6800 Ultra?

Thanks!

ricercar
08-08-04, 12:25 PM
We may see this sooner than you think. I asked the manager of the NVIDIA driver team to implement tray temperature, and he got a wonderful pensive look in his face.

rewt
08-08-04, 12:55 PM
That would be a nice feature. Many people, including myself, would like to have it. Even better, I think, would be an in-game option that displays the GPU temp at the top corner of the screen. That way you get an accurate readout of 3D temps. The taskbar option would only give you an approx readout, because the GPU cools rapidly when switching from 3D load (game) to 2D (desktop).

Arioch
08-08-04, 01:05 PM
I have been trying to get a good feel for how hot my card gets and the best I can do right now is run the rthdribl demo and manually fill up the entire screen. I then leave enough room at the bottom so I can drag the temperature reading page down and monitor the GPU temp that way.

Nandro
08-08-04, 01:22 PM
You can run a game like farcry without full screen enabled and have the temp monitor open. May not take up the whole screen, but should give you an idea as well.

Sir Random
08-08-04, 01:23 PM
You can already see the core speed/temp and ram speed/ambient temp in your systray with Rivatuner.

In hardware monitor, click "setup"
Then double click whatever setting you want displayed:
[Core clock], [Memory clock], [Core temperature], [Ambient temperature]

and then tick the boxes next to:

Show ***** in tray icon tooltip
Show ***** in tray icon

(***** is whatever setting you chose)

Only ONE value will display, but the others appear on mouseover.

Here's mine with core speed displayed, speed/temp on mouseover:

3DXtreme
08-08-04, 01:27 PM
We may see this sooner than you think. I asked the manager of the NVIDIA driver team to implement tray temperature, and he got a wonderful pensive look in his face.

Hey,
Any chance mentioning the stuttering issues to this same person?

http://discuss.futuremark.com/forum/showflat.pl?Cat=&Board=techdisplayadapters&Number=4113608&page=0&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=0&fpart=all&vc=1

http://www.evga.com/community/messageboard/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=4133&FORUM_ID=23&CAT_ID=1&Topic_Title=6800GT+Slowdown+when+loading+stuff+to+ vga+memory%3F%21&Forum_Title=GeForce+6+Family+Forum

http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=32990&page=1

cam9786
08-08-04, 02:07 PM
Sir Random, I did that but it didn't show up in the Sys tray. Why?

Sir Random
08-08-04, 02:28 PM
Sir Random, I did that but it didn't show up in the Sys tray. Why?
In 'Hardware Monitoring', make sure to click the red button, bottom left "Enable background monitoring"

Under the "settings" tab, select "send to tray on close".

Then click the 'Ok' button to close rivatuner, and the temp will appear in the tray.

cam9786
08-08-04, 03:10 PM
Cool, thanks!