PDA

View Full Version : nForce IDE drivers and Nero issues?

superklye
08-08-04, 12:13 PM
I reformatted this morning and have been in a very, VERY foul mood since last night becuase both my CD and DVD burners are refusing to burn. They would start, get 1% done and then throw up an error in Nero saying that the "SCSI command aborted" and the burn would fail.

SCSI? I don't and have never had a SCSI card or any SCSI device in my system.

I thought maybe Alcohol 120% was the problem as after I had installed it, a SCSI controller showed up for the mounted drive that it creates. I uninstalled and no go. I googled and people were saying that the ASPI drivers needed to be (re)installed and all this other crap. Most of the people having this problem were using USB2.0 drivers and mine is internal.

Then I got to thinking and I never really had any problems until I installed the nForce Foreware drivers. I tried to uninstall them and my computer just kept freezing.

So I reformatted and reinstalled (fun!!) and now, I have yet to install the nForce drivers and just burned a DVD using Nero sucessfully.

I want to reinstall the nForce drivers so I can use my 6800 at AGP8x instead of PCI mode, but I am really afraid of what installing those drivers might do.

Has anyone else had this problem?

nippyjun
08-08-04, 12:16 PM
I reformatted this morning and have been in a very, VERY foul mood since last night becuase both my CD and DVD burners are refusing to burn. They would start, get 1% done and then throw up an error in Nero saying that the "SCSI command aborted" and the burn would fail.

SCSI? I don't and have never had a SCSI card or any SCSI device in my system.

I thought maybe Alcohol 120% was the problem as after I had installed it, a SCSI controller showed up for the mounted drive that it creates. I uninstalled and no go. I googled and people were saying that the ASPI drivers needed to be (re)installed and all this other crap. Most of the people having this problem were using USB2.0 drivers and mine is internal.

Then I got to thinking and I never really had any problems until I installed the nForce Foreware drivers. I tried to uninstall them and my computer just kept freezing.

So I reformatted and reinstalled (fun!!) and now, I have yet to install the nForce drivers and just burned a DVD using Nero sucessfully.

I want to reinstall the nForce drivers so I can use my 6800 at AGP8x instead of PCI mode, but I am really afraid of what installing those drivers might do.

Has anyone else had this problem?

You should be able to install the nforce board drivers without the ide drivers.