PDA

View Full Version : I killed my keyboard :(

fastguy94416
08-08-04, 03:08 PM
I'm sure everyone has thier favorite keyboard, as I did. It was a perfect, crisp, responsive logitech. It only had 3 of those little buttons, and i loved them to death. I searched and searched for one like it, but with none to be found, i gave up and bought a mushy nasty new model. I am sad. If anyone could find a Corded delux access keyboard from logitech, I would be greatly in debt to them. Until then i will suffer through on this junker.

Smokey
08-08-04, 09:36 PM
*R.I.P*

saturnotaku
08-08-04, 09:38 PM
I'm sure everyone has thier favorite keyboard, as I did. It was a perfect, crisp, responsive logitech. It only had 3 of those little buttons, and i loved them to death. I searched and searched for one like it, but with none to be found, i gave up and bought a mushy nasty new model. I am sad. If anyone could find a Corded delux access keyboard from logitech, I would be greatly in debt to them. Until then i will suffer through on this junker.

Try places like Office Max, Office Depot or Staples. Usually they carry those kind of keyboards, and they're cheap at about $15.

fastguy94416
08-08-04, 10:04 PM
I searched and searched man. Nothing. Not for 20 miles around town. Nothing online, nothing on ebay.

saturnotaku
08-08-04, 10:08 PM
This (http://www.officedepot.com/ddSKU.do?level=SK&id=285329&location_info=SG_3_DV_20_CT_2001_SC_2001005_SK_285 329) is about as close as I could find.

Slyder
08-09-04, 05:18 AM
I'm sure everyone has thier favorite keyboard, as I did.

I know I did. It was an old Amstrad keyboard of an old 486 that died last year on me. I loved it to bits for my games, as it didnt have a Windows key. The space bar died, and I was forced to invest in a new keyboard. It (like yours) had to have certain aspects to it mind. I was looking for a standard backspace key, as some of keyboards today have a smaller backspace key. Also the bottom had have rubber grips due to the surface I use, some keyboards tend to slip and slide on my desk. I found the Logitech Internet Navigator keyboard to be the best for me.

RIP to our keyboards friend. ;)

CaptNKILL
08-09-04, 06:26 AM
http://www.store.yahoo.com/softbyweb/lodeac104psk.html

Yahoo.com is spammed with store results when i search for things, so i figured id just search there.

I think thats what you are looking for :)

Heavyd
08-09-04, 08:11 AM
Yeah i cryed to death when my old Honeywell-SUH broke on me, best keyboard ever made. and btw your keyboard is 19.99 cdn at www.canadacomputers.com

Smokey
08-09-04, 08:30 AM
After seeing that keyboard, I remember that that is the same keyboard I had before my current one. I can honestly tell you, that if you upgraded to an Logitech Elite keyboard, that you will be more than happy ;)

I dont know for others, but its like your figures melt when typing, its that soft :)

fastguy94416
08-09-04, 08:58 AM
The keyboard!!!!!!!!!!!!! Ok now to find a suitible payment method to bring my baby home Thanks so much

DaveW
08-09-04, 09:25 AM
At least keyboards these days don't over 100 dollars to replace like they did 15 years ago.

fastguy94416
08-09-04, 01:19 PM
15 years ago i was a toddler

revbatboy
08-09-04, 01:27 PM
I have the Logitech elite and I love it. It goes great with my logitech MX510 mouse.

majortom
08-09-04, 01:44 PM
although i love my new logitech mx elite duo, i miss my old ibm pos keyboard and trusty (or was it crusty?) ball mouse. expecially in gaming. my hand was molded to fit that keyboard perfectly, and im finding it difficult to play fps on my new keyboard, where the arrow buttons are further away from the shift and control keys (i play with a very weird configuration, heehee)

GlowStick
08-09-04, 02:03 PM
OMG, thats the same keyboard i use, i love it :D

CaptNKILL
08-09-04, 02:14 PM
I have an "IBM" keyboard with no fancy buttons. I put it in quotes because it isnt the keyboard that I ordered. The keyboard I ordered was a soft key IBM keyboard, you know, the ones with the little space on the corner (like a square shape taken out of the corner). This one is a standard black keyboard with an IBM sticker on it :|

Its still a great keyboard, but Id like to have a fancy one with soft keys and lots of extra buttons :D

ricercar
08-09-04, 02:21 PM
As a professional writer, I'd be sad if my IBM model-M clicky keyboard bit the dust. We celebrated our eighth anniversary together last April. My office partner has a Northgate, and his is even older.

I keep this bookmark handy in case the badness happens. http://store.yahoo.com/pckeyboards/customizer.html

ragejg
08-09-04, 02:29 PM
I have an old 1987 clicky, still works like a dream... I don't game with it, but I keep it around, as it is of superb quality IMO...

Smokey
08-09-04, 02:36 PM
As a professional writer, I'd be sad if my IBM model-M clicky keyboard bit the dust. We celebrated our eighth anniversary together last April. My office partner has a Northgate, and his is even older.

I keep this bookmark handy in case the badness happens. http://store.yahoo.com/pckeyboards/customizer.html

It should last you awhile yet, just becareful when drinking coffee near it :)

saturnotaku
08-09-04, 02:42 PM
I have an "IBM" keyboard with no fancy buttons. I put it in quotes because it isnt the keyboard that I ordered. The keyboard I ordered was a soft key IBM keyboard, you know, the ones with the little space on the corner (like a square shape taken out of the corner). This one is a standard black keyboard with an IBM sticker on it :|

Its still a great keyboard, but Id like to have a fancy one with soft keys and lots of extra buttons :D

I have that keyboard - it has the square taken out of it but it doesn't have any of the extra buttons (multimedia and so forth). However, I think Tigerdirect might have the fancy one you're looking for. It was something like $19.99 IIRC. I'm almost positive it was sitting on the shelves next to the slimmed down IBM keyboard I purchased.

fastguy94416
08-09-04, 02:58 PM
I just went out and bought a logitech elite. I am fairly happy. Why the crap do the put a scroll wheel on a keyboard tho?

Smokey
08-09-04, 05:24 PM
I just went out and bought a logitech elite. I am fairly happy. Why the crap do the put a scroll wheel on a keyboard tho?

Im pretty sure that it can be used ingames too, tho it does need to be assigned in windows first.

CaptNKILL
08-09-04, 05:51 PM
I have that keyboard - it has the square taken out of it but it doesn't have any of the extra buttons (multimedia and so forth). However, I think Tigerdirect might have the fancy one you're looking for. It was something like $19.99 IIRC. I'm almost positive it was sitting on the shelves next to the slimmed down IBM keyboard I purchased.
Yeah KMart use to carry the good ones with the extra buttons and it was $20. I jumped on this one when i saw it online for $8 and it was supposed to be the one that was selling for $20... lieing bastards... oh well, its still the best keyboard I have :)

The one i bought before this looked identical but was beige. The big problem with that one was that when I pressed more than 2 keys (for example, playing a FPS crouching, walking forward and sidestepping) one key would not work. It could only have 2 keys pressed at a time apparently... that was extremely aggrivating, so I bought this one. When it arrived and looked the same i was scared, but luckily, it is IBM quality and doesnt have that stupid bug. It works great, I have never had a single problem with it :)