PDA

View Full Version : Help! Never succeeded bios flash, card not working!

cwatson
08-08-04, 05:20 PM
I get nothing at POST. Ive tried all of the standard procedures. I was trying to flash the bios and always got flashing errors so I gave up and decided to restart, now this!?

help what do i do!!!!????

XFX 6800 GT

cwatson
08-08-04, 06:03 PM
nvm...im a freakin genious. got it working. now im a dumbass cuz ima try flashing agin. if u wunt the answer then just post.

UDawg
08-08-04, 06:56 PM
So how did you fix it? It will a great addition to the information we have here in case some one else comes across the same problem.

Morrow
08-08-04, 07:07 PM
One way to flash a graphiccard which no longer POSTs due to a failed BIOS flash is to put a PCI graphiccard alongside your broken AGP graphiccard, boot using your PCI card (there is a BIOS option for choosing from which card you want to boot) and then finally reflash your faulty card again with the help of the working PCI card.

saturnotaku
08-08-04, 08:41 PM
now im a dumbass cuz ima try flashing agin.

Then I hope your card frys and is unable to be recovered so it will teach you a lesson. :nono:

cam9786
08-08-04, 09:59 PM
^ I second that, Stop trying it, don't mess up a freaking 400+ dollar card for a "little gain". Really, see past the bull****, it's not worth it anyway.

Pimp!
08-08-04, 10:57 PM
i think its funny to see people mess it up :)

Hellion
08-09-04, 12:33 AM
Hell yeah, How did YOU guys learn? By making mistakes...thats also how you find new thing out. But my dad always said, dont learn from YOUR mistakes...let some else do it. Learn from THEM. and laugh :P