PDA

View Full Version : Problem of all geforce cards

Pages : [1] 2

B.Alinezhad
08-09-04, 09:34 AM
I have tested a range of different nVIDIA Geforce-based graphic cards (2-MX400, 4-MX440SE and FX5200) as well as several driver versions (detonators and forcewares).

-You can see my other system properties at the end of this text.

At least in 3 games, text objects are rendered very bad and sometimes unreadable: "Mortal Kombat 4", "Extreme-G 2", and "Motorhead". In the third one (motorhead) the problem is not tolerable: on-screen texts, maps, and indicators are not shown inside the game! (See the snapshots).

Note1: This problem doesn't exist when using ATI cards (Rage/Radeon) or nVIDIA Riva TNT/TNT2 cards; It applies only to GeFORCE cards.

Note2: I changed any adjustments inside the driver's advanced panel, but was not helpful. Do not suggest me to work around them unless you are sure!

Bahram Alinezhad,
Tehran, Iran.

CPU
AMD AthlonXP 2000+

MainBoard
Gigabyte 7VTXE+
(AGP 4x, VIA KT266A)

RAM
512 MB PC2700

OS
Windows 98 and XP
(both tested)

Chip-Drivers
VIA Hyperion 4.51

VGA-Drivers
nVIDIA 61.76 and older

DirectX

ragejg
08-09-04, 09:47 AM
Hasn't this already been brought up? I thought there was a thread on this like a month ago.

kahloq
08-09-04, 09:53 AM
If you look at his join date, he wasnt around months ago.

ragejg
08-09-04, 09:56 AM
Umm, i remember the name, the post title, and the games mentioned. This was positively brought up a month or so ago.

ragejg
08-09-04, 09:58 AM
http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=33161&highlight=Motorhead

kahloq
08-09-04, 10:00 AM
Heh yup......link shows only 2 weeks ago.

TISaint
08-09-04, 12:28 PM
Work around them.

B.Alinezhad
08-09-04, 12:47 PM
Yes, you all have strong memories, but, can't you remember that nobody could answer and that someone asked for snapshots?

Does any expert look at these messages or we are wasting the time?

DarkOneX
08-09-04, 01:34 PM
Yes, you all have strong memories, but, can't you remember that nobody could answer and that someone asked for snapshots?

My question would be...why the hell are you even playing games like that still?

superklye
08-09-04, 01:59 PM

I second this.

-=DVS=-
08-09-04, 02:19 PM

Noone realy cares about old cards and old games , your waisting time your self :eek2:

ricercar
08-09-04, 02:31 PM
Does any expert look at these messages or we are wasting the time?You are wasting your time because you are antagonizing the experts with your demeanor. You are wasting your time because your attitude hijacked the thread into discussing issues that have no relevance to your original question.

can't you remember that ... someone asked for snapshots?You are wasting your time because you are antagonizing the board moderators by creating a new thread instead of continuing the old one.

Helpful Hints:
(1) When you have a driver issue with your particular video cards, do not assign that behavior to all GPUs from the same manufacturer. (2) When you have a problem, do not explicitly discourage responses from people who are not sure. (3) When you are a newcomer to a group, do not make a first post with a title criticizing the main attraction of that group, or even the friendly people will not accept you in a friendly manner.

saturnotaku
08-09-04, 02:34 PM
If these games are really that important to you, find a computer surplus shop, purchase an old Pentium II machine, slap in a Voodoo3 or TNT and all your problems will be solved.

cam9786
08-09-04, 03:20 PM
He lives in Iran, don't think theres too many of surplus shops there.

3DXtreme
08-09-04, 06:08 PM
Geez guys, aren't we a little harsh. Sorry I can't help ya man, those are some old games that may just not work right with the hardware you have now. I've found some older games that just wont work right with the 6800GT but do on ATI's hardware - thats technology for you - just roll with it.

ragejg
08-09-04, 06:39 PM
3DExtreme, we've tried to relate this to him... we're not being too harsh, it's a simple fact that a lot of 1999 era games just don't work right anymore on today's hardware. Read the posts in the link and you'll see what I mean.

smj
08-10-04, 05:56 AM
I had the same problem with Motorhead a few years back. There was a patch released which specifically addressed the display issues with all Geforce cards available at that time. Try downloading the "Motorhead 3.0" patch and the relevant "Motorhead Geforce HUD fix" from:

http://www.pcgamesportal.de/index.php?site=patc&id=M

I hope this helps.

B.Alinezhad
08-10-04, 09:30 AM
> DarkOneX (Registered User) & superklye (Registered User):

>> B.Alinezhad (Registered User):

Why do you sometimes ride bicycle or horse in the age of cars? Isn't it time wasting?!
Some old games are more attractive, more exciting, handier, faster, less space-consuming and less time-consuming to install. High-graphics is only one of the advantages of a game, not all; Am I wrong?

> -=DVS=- (Excel.Hyatt):

Noone realy cares about old cards and old games , your waisting time your self+

Your picture is nice, may be I forget my games when I see you!!

> ricercar (l33+ l4m3r):

You are wasting your time because you are antagonizing the experts with your demeanor. You are wasting your time because your attitude hijacked the thread into discussing issues that have no relevance to your original question.

You are wasting your time because you are antagonizing the board moderators by creating a new thread instead of continuing the old one.

Helpful Hints:
(1) When you have a driver issue with your particular video cards, do not assign that behavior to all GPUs from the same manufacturer. (2) When you have a problem, do not explicitly discourage responses from people who are not sure. (3) When you are a newcomer to a group, do not make a first post with a title criticizing the main attraction of that group, or even the friendly people will not accept you in a friendly manner.

I don't know for what does everyone looking here, but I subscribed here in order to bring up my problems and get help from experienced people; Admirations go and go enough ererywhere; I'm almost sure that an experienced person first gives answer to the problem, and then may criticize some of the sentences.

Sorry, I thought an old thread can not come in notice again.

(1) I've examined several chips from several OEMs (2) There was no relevant response to discourage (3) Perhaps, first, I have to mention all games that are run with Geforce, then discuss about ones I have problem with! If you can, solve my issue at any unfriendly manner you know!

> saturnotaku (Phenomenal):

If these games are really that important to you, find a computer surplus shop, purchase an old Pentium II machine, slap in a Voodoo3 or TNT and all your problems will be solved.

OK, however, a shorter way could be finding an expert to resolve the problem and keep all good features in the new computer.

> cam9786 (Zombie of Doom!) & 3DXtreme (Registered User):

Geez guys, aren't we a little harsh. Sorry I can't help ya man, those are some old games that may just not work right with the hardware you have now. I've found some older games that just wont work right with the 6800GT but do on ATI's hardware - thats technology for you - just roll with it.

Thanks; That's right.
I am not willing to replace my nvidia card with ATI, because nvidia is better in opengl and is compatible with linux (All nvidia chipsets - from TNT to FX6800 - have great accelerated linux drivers).

GamerGuyX
08-10-04, 09:59 AM
> DarkOneX (Registered User) & superklye (Registered User):

Why do you sometimes ride bicycle or horse in the age of cars? Isn't it time wasting?!
Some old games are more attractive, more exciting, handier, faster, less space-consuming and less time-consuming to install. High-graphics is only one of the advantages of a game, not all; Am I wrong?

B.Alinezhad your a funny guy! More attractive! Haha! That's a good one... :rolleyes:

GamerGuyX
08-10-04, 10:01 AM
> cam9786 (Zombie of Doom!) & 3DXtreme (Registered User):

Thanks; That's right.
I am not willing to replace my nvidia card with ATI, because nvidia is better in opengl and is compatible with linux (All nvidia chipsets - from TNT to FX6800 - have great accelerated linux drivers).

Nobody said you had to replace your Nvidia card with an ATI one. What are you talking about!? Just GET A BETTER, NEWER Nvidia Card!!!

ragejg
08-10-04, 10:08 AM
no, the issue is the older games which have proven to have incompatibilities with newer video cards... "get a better card" is not a viable option here...

GamerGuyX
08-10-04, 10:15 AM
no, the issue is the older games which have proven to have incompatibilities with newer video cards... "get a better card" is not a viable option here...

Bah! I just don't understand this! Why would anybody want to play these games! It...just...frustrating! That's all... :banghead:

SignorSalad
08-10-04, 10:57 AM

I completely agree. Graphics aren't everything. Old games can be just as fun if not more so, when you go back to them.

As for your problem, I only have 2 suggestions.
1) Update the older game to its latest version, if at all possible.
2) Install older drivers for your nvidia card, much older if necessary. There's been many times in the past where a new nvidia driver broke an older game I still liked to play. I used to keep several older driver versions around for those type situations.

superklye
08-10-04, 11:02 AM

Yup, those old games sure are pretty alright! I know when I think pretty, I don't think FarCry or Doom 3, no I think Command & Conquer: Tiberian Sun and Red Alert. :rolleyes:

ragejg
08-10-04, 11:26 AM
I think you really should set up a retro gaming rig with a TNT Ultra card... something like an Athlon 900, 256mb PC133, and Win98SE or Lite... Then you could enjoy that retro gaming goodnes on a capable system of the right vintage... And detonator 12's I think might work with you...