PDA

View Full Version : How to set custom AGP Aperture size in ForceWare drivers ?

VISTREL
08-09-04, 11:07 AM
Hi,

I have Nvidia 6800 card using latest ForceWare drivers, I have 512MB PC2100 RAM and I know that AGP aperture size is usually set to half of available RAM (i.e. 128) but this time I need to change it to 64MB...

There is no option in BIOS to change it, my motherboard is Gygabyte K8VT800M...

Is there any way to change AGP Aperture size to a custom setting ?

saturnotaku
08-09-04, 11:59 AM
Is there any way to change AGP Aperture size to a custom setting ?

Not that I'm aware of. Have you tried the latest BIOS for your motherboard? If you have it, I would try to contact Gigabyte support and let them know that there is no such option in the BIOS. The could very well add it in a future update.

FearMeAll
08-10-04, 11:22 PM
I have about the same Gigabyte motherboard Vistrel and it annoyed the hell out of me that I had no options! But then I read the manual and I just press CTRL+F1 when you are in the bios menu and then it gives you all the options you need.
Also make sure when you get to those advance options that your mobo does not have a cap of 333mhz on your memory! It was doing that to me for the longest time and I was wondering why Farcry wasn't running as fast as I thought it should and why Sandra was giving me such low memory scores.
Just make sure you scour every setting in the bios when you use CTRL+F1 in the menu because there are a lot of things enabled by default you DO NOT want running.
Hope that helps.

VISTREL
08-17-04, 08:33 AM
Very big thanks!!

Gator
08-17-04, 01:30 PM
... I know that AGP aperture size is usually set to half of available RAM...

that's not the case anymore, that was just a general figure back when people usually didn't have more than 256 total ram. My advice is to leave the AGP Aperature size at 128. First of all on modern video cards it really doesn't influence performance that much, and secondly if you set the aperature above 128, it can cause problems with the GART table I've read.