PDA

View Full Version : Dead northbridge fan on Abit NF7-M

Jamin
08-09-04, 11:58 AM
I recently got around to getting a window for my computer, and now that I can actually see inside, I noticed that the northbridge fan isn't working. It's plugged in and everything, but it isn't spinning. I was just wondering if the thing is triggered by heat and comes on by itself if it gets too hot (in which case I'm just not looking at the right time), or if there's a BIOS setting that turned it off, or if it's actually dead.

I haven't run into any stability problems, but the reason I ask is that I'm probably going to be upgrading my cpu to the Barton 3200, so I'll have to bump up the fsb to 200 (Abit NF7-M v1.2, so it only officially goes to 166). I've read that it's possible, but I'm sure it will generate more heat, so I just want to make sure the chipset is getting cooled properly before I start trying to overclock.

Thanks in advance. :)

---Jamin

ChrisRay
08-09-04, 08:30 PM
I'm not sure if the NF7 Northbridge cooler is adequate without active cooling, What Front Side bus you running ect, you are probably alright but I'd contact abit see if they can send you a replacement NB cooler.

PaiN
08-09-04, 11:00 PM
or get this.....http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc.asp?description=35-116-010&depa=0