PDA

View Full Version : Starship Troopers movie released (U Guys gotta see this!!!!)

Superfly
08-09-04, 02:01 PM
Check this out for one hell of a promising looking shooter!!!!

Those graphics and models put DOOM 3 and HL2 to shame!!!!

Man u gotta see it

link:

http://www.3dgamers.com/dl/games/starshiptroopers2/stroopers.zip.html

Im seriously impressed!!!!!!!!! gotta get this one. :nanahump: :nanahump: :nanahump:

holmes
08-09-04, 02:25 PM
downloading now...

cam9786
08-09-04, 02:36 PM
Game has actually ben in development for 5 years or so, back from 99. They just changed the engine and whatnot, it looks superb.

EDIT: Actually, a game with this name was already released.
http://www.gamespot.com/pc/strategy/starshiptroopers/preview_2605472.html

Clay
08-09-04, 02:44 PM
Fileshack has the Vampire The Masquerade Bloodlines movies out now. This game is supposed to make use of SM3.0...
http://www.fileshack.com/file.x?fid=5213

superklye
08-09-04, 03:19 PM
so is this a new Starship Troopers game or what? I'm at work and can't download that

holmes
08-09-04, 04:08 PM
wow.. looks real nice. When is this sceduled to release?
:)

Clay
08-09-04, 04:11 PM
so is this a new Starship Troopers game or what? I'm at work and can't download that
Yeah it is. It looks pretty cool but some of the texturing/geometry on the buildings and such look kind of unimpressive. The player models physical movement characteristics look really slick and the "bugs" look nice. Shadows look pretty cool too.

Superfly
08-09-04, 05:38 PM
your right about the buildings.....rest looks real tight though......

Rooster_11
08-09-04, 06:33 PM
looks cool. but why a game based on starship troopers? why not something new? not complaining, just wondering. :)

aAv7
08-09-04, 07:42 PM
I hate to sound like a stick in the mud but

1.) As excited I am for the vampires game, it cant be released till after HL2...which makes me think these guys have enough time to change the engine to dx10..or directxnext.

2.) This starship troopers game, which looks great, has been in development since 99. PC Gamer does an article on it roughly once a year, showong impressing screens but no word of release date, imo this is another dnf.

Raptorman
08-09-04, 08:48 PM
I've been excited about this game since I heard of it. Being a big fan of the Starship Troopers movies, and such.

Hopefully, this game will not be a DNF. LOL, I think we've seen more proof this exists than we have DNF. Maybe it will come out soon, I hope so. I think it will be a great game. Perhaps a dynamic campaign?

-=DVS=-
08-09-04, 08:53 PM
Movie clip Looked realy awesome , lotsa bugs defending bunker , if it offers good multiplayer 16+ people to defend bunker from PC bugs that would be realy fun :drooling:

Single player might be fun to.

CaptNKILL
08-09-04, 09:06 PM
All the download mirrors are down... :(

I want to test my new 1.5Mbit connection :cry:

Edge
08-09-04, 09:12 PM
1.) As excited I am for the vampires game, it cant be released till after HL2...which makes me think these guys have enough time to change the engine to dx10..or directxnext.

No, they can release the game whenever they want. They own the engine lisence, they aren't under any type of a agreement that says they can't ship the game before HL2. Just like how the second generation Unreal engine was used in games before Unreal 2 was released.

Raptorman
08-09-04, 09:14 PM
No, they can release the game whenever they want. They own the engine lisence, they aren't under any type of a agreement that says they can't ship the game before HL2. Just how like how the second generation Unreal engine was used in games before Unreal 2 was released.

I thought I read in Computer Games Magazine that under the license they have to use the HL2 engine that they cannot ship the game until Half-Life 2 ships.

Edge
08-09-04, 09:21 PM
Hmm, haven't heard anything about that. Usually once the engine is lisenced they can do anything they want to it. The Source engine has already almost been released in the form of the CS: Source beta anyway, would be strange if they couldn't release the game until the main HL2 game is complete (the engine is probably virutally finished anyway). Then again I doubt it'll take long for HL2 to come out anyway, why would they be beta testing the main multiplayer mode for it if it's still a long ways from completion?

killahsin
08-09-04, 09:39 PM
They stated in a few interviews that HL2's delay hasn't and won't effect them at all. I don't want to go chasing links but it was in an interview video with troika's lead. So I wouldn't worry about it to much.