PDA

View Full Version : Can't install windows XP.

tvlad
08-09-04, 02:59 PM
Ever since i changed my old Gigabyte 7vaxp with an Epox 8rda3i and changed the cpu from Xp 1800+ to a Barton at 2500+@3200+, and my generic Pc 2700 ram to two 256 Pc 3200 Pqi sticks, whenever i plug in the bootable win xp cd, it freezes at the inspecting your system , the one right after you press enter to boot from the cd. :cry:

The strange thing is it runs and installs Win 2k3, so i honestly have no ideas as to why win xp is not working, and the cd is fine,, 100% it's not the cds fault.

Any thoughts on this matter would be highly apreciated, thanks

Kickus_assius
08-09-04, 08:00 PM
Probably the ram.

Smokey
08-09-04, 09:17 PM
I would say ram also, take out one stick and see if you can install, then once all installed, trying reinstalling the other stick.

tvlad
08-10-04, 02:17 PM
I'll try that, though in the back of my mind it still seems strange, if that was the case, then win 2k3 should have done the same, though it doesn't hurt to try that.

tvlad
08-11-04, 12:05 PM
Just tried that, i tried only with the first, the second one, tried different memory slots with each, all to no avail.

Maybe it's smth to do with my mainboard, though i do doubt it.

tvlad
08-12-04, 07:27 PM
Well, the good news is that Win 2k does install, and i can play doom 3 finnaly, though still can't understand why XP won't work, and i've just update my mobo bios as well, so i'm thinking of ruling that too out, and blaming it on the wrong planet alignment.

Woodelf
08-15-04, 02:46 PM
Possibly drivers were asked for, I'm not familiar with your system. Mine askes for serial ata driver's during install in order to see my hard drive. :)

walkndude
08-15-04, 03:03 PM
sounds like you either didn't reformat the drive or you did a "quick dormat"... I deal with this problem on a regular basis.

Use your choice of disk tools(dont use the your xp disk for the format) to do a complete format(fill with zeros) and try again.

usually dont help people using pirated corp editions bwth...