PDA

View Full Version : Image Quality issues with 6800GT

SigmaOrionis
08-10-04, 02:37 AM
BFG 6800GT
61.77 Drivers
DX 9.0b

Just installed this card tonight and there are some very annoying issues with a couple games.

BF1942
You can clearly see the line between where the textures ahead of you are being filtered and where there not. Its very distracting and gives the ground a crawling, wavy kinda look. This also gives lighter and darker parts of textures a speckly kinda look.

Another problem is it doesnt seem like the filtering distance is the same it almost seems like its a semicircle in front of you. This makes the problem more obvious and annoying especially when your panning left to right.

Standing still textures look very sharp but you can still see this transition.

UT2004
Same problem as BF1942

I have tried turning off all optimizations for trilinear and AF. This had very little affect.

Settings used were:
AA 4x
AF 8x
High Quality (no optimizations for tri or ano filtering).

So what should I try am I missing a setting somewhere that I should try. I would trade performance to get rid of this. Not like I need the performance in these games anyway.

I'm comparing the image quality to my 9500 Pro. It shows the transition also but its A LOT more SUBTLE and during gameplay unnoticeable. Also when your standing still you cant see the transition at all.

Please help.

irondk
08-10-04, 04:44 AM
If you are talking about shimmering, try using lower LOD.

Gas
08-10-04, 04:48 AM
Im having same "problems" in some games.. Bad looking AF. It shows in motion, not when standing still.

SigmaOrionis
08-10-04, 03:27 PM
Thanks for the replies.

Does anyone have any solutions for this problem?