PDA

View Full Version : Hilarious D3 review over at somethingawful.com

evilchris
08-10-04, 11:43 AM
Lowtax rocks

http://www.somethingawful.com

Pandora's Box
08-10-04, 12:23 PM
Despite the fact that it's the future and you're in a highly futuristic industrial complex that manufactures highly technological machinery, the only portable source of light you can find is a 99-cent K-Mart flashlight which spent the last week repeatedly falling off the back of a pickup truck

lmao

vampireuk
08-10-04, 12:45 PM
So damn true :D

D.K.Tronics
08-10-04, 02:01 PM
Another funny Doom 3 review. lmao.

review (http://www.afrotechmods.com/groovy/review/d3review/doom3.htm)

Behind the open windows, you can see a preview of what the actual game will look like!

Lmao.
Check out that CD key, lol.

jAkUp
08-10-04, 02:06 PM
http://images.somethingawful.com/mjolnir/images/cg08102004/Butler.jpg

lol

saturnotaku
08-10-04, 03:21 PM
My co-workers were staring at me because I was laughing so hard at this. :rofl

Gorion
08-10-04, 04:14 PM
Sure you know that your health is being gnawed away by a plastic spider of some sort, but you are unable to locate the exact position of this spider due to the fact that the lights are all out and every time it hits you, your character spastically flings his head 180 degrees backwards like a retarded child after licking a tazer.

(rofl2) :rofl

Vash
08-10-04, 04:36 PM
I am very, very glad that there is currently no one else in the Data Center.

:rofl (rofl2)

Slyder
08-11-04, 07:48 AM
The guy makes point after point and to be honest, his review is nothing short of being spot on.

Oh how refreashing it is to see someone who is not jumping on the D3 bandwagon.

Brilliant review. 10/10

WeReWoLf
08-11-04, 08:25 AM
I found something completely wrong with that review... It didn't say anything about the evil Dr. Betruger...

Skrot
08-11-04, 09:34 AM
Oh how refreashing it is to see someone who is not jumping on the D3 bandwagon.What exactly do you mean by this? Are you trying to imply that everyone who has said that they like the game has done so because it's the "cool" thing to do? Come on. People honestly like the game! If you aren't one of them, it doesn't make everyone else wrong.

Ninjaman09
08-11-04, 11:07 AM
Yeah, Doom 3 is just fun. I like it because it's fun to play, and it met my expectations perfectly. Huge sequels like this are always subject to much more scrutiny because of the hype. If anyone's jumping on a bandwagon, it's those who criticize it relentlessly and grossly exaggerate its shortcomings. Come on - it's not THAT dark. Geez. I keep reading the same thing over and over - "I hate it because it's so dark I can't even see to shoot". I have played through the game once and am going through again on the Hard difficulty, and to the best of my recollection there are about 3 times I remember thinking that it was too dark to aim. Here's an idea - if you can't see the enemies, lure them out to the lights(which there are PLENTY of) and fight them on your own terms. It's not that hard and it works pretty well.

I like Something Awful, but that review is the kind of bull**** you have to expect from people who run a website that is dedicated completely to criticizing everything they can think of. Sure it's funny sometimes, but it stinks of pretention and narcissism. Take it with a grain of salt. I can't remember who said this, but as a guy said in another thread - you guys would find something to complain about with a ******* from a french hooker. Lighten up a little. :retard:

Rogozhin
08-11-04, 10:06 PM
ROLF!

That's the best review I've seen to date!

Rogo