PDA

View Full Version : Gothic 1 stutters a lot..

FearMeAll
08-10-04, 09:59 PM
I have been playing Gothic 2 and was loving that game..I'm half way through but I heard I should play Gothic 1 first..so I got, installed, and for some reason even though the engine is running much lower details and vegetation than the the 2nd one, it stutters a lot. Gothic 2 is butter smooth at 1400x1050 4x FSAA 16xaniso vsync off with a draw distance of 200% on my rig. But Gothic 1 stutters and it is running at the same rez, same engine as Gothic 2 it looks like, but with the view distance only allowing 100%. I really think Gothic 1 is a lot of fun so far but it has real stutter issues like mad on my 6800GT..it gets really smooth if I just stand in one spot and look around but if I move it stutters again. I'm running with vsync off as well.
I got the latest patch for Gothic and have tried drivers 61.76, 61.77, 62.20, and am now on the 65 drivers. I also uninstalled each driver before I installed a new one.
Is anyone else with a 6800 experiencing the same problems? Has anyone found a workaround or some way to fix the stuttering.
As you can see I have an athlon64 3400 that is overclocked, a gig of ram, and this GT so there doesn't seem to be any reason for it to drop the framerate like that in this old game.

rewt
08-10-04, 10:06 PM
Does it still stutter with vsync on?

FearMeAll
08-10-04, 10:10 PM
Does it still stutter with vsync on?
Yes it does unfortunately..It stutters if I turn texture, model and sky detail to 0. Also if I change view distance to 20%.
It seems to even run faster if I run it in full details with a 300%viewing range..
But the stuttering is definately there and it doesn't make sense.

Nuvian
08-11-04, 05:37 AM
you need a patch to fix that,happend 2 me aswell,lemme see if i can find it somewhere.
---edit---
download GothicFps.zip at
http://newspics.rpgdot.com/galview.php?level=3&sort=&from=0&d2=10&d3=Special&d4=&d5=

hopefully that will fix ur problems.

FearMeAll
08-11-04, 09:54 AM
you need a patch to fix that,happend 2 me aswell,lemme see if i can find it somewhere.
---edit---
download GothicFps.zip at
http://newspics.rpgdot.com/galview.php?level=3&sort=&from=0&d2=10&d3=Special&d4=&d5=

hopefully that will fix ur problems.
Fantastic..but how do I apply it..I run the patch and it wants Gothicmod.exe..which I don't have.
I read the cpp files and they don't give me many clues either..
Glad to know there is a fix though :)

Nuvian
08-11-04, 10:22 AM
its been over a year since i did that my self so i dont know,try looking around the gothic forums at rpgdot and if u cant find an answer try asking,they are usually quite helpfull over there,good luck :)