PDA

View Full Version : Is this normal?

cliffc8488
08-10-04, 10:51 PM
Playing Doom3 on my shiny new 6800GT and whenever there's fog effects the fog looks like it's 16-bit, all posterized. Checked all my settings, running the latest drivers, clean install, yada yada.

So just out of curiousity tried Quake3 and the sky and water look horrible. Now I'm really puzzled. Direct3d apps look great, Far Cry, UT2K4.

Every runs fast and smooth but IQ is not very good on opengl stuff.

CC

RedLeg
08-10-04, 11:34 PM
Playing Doom3 on my shiny new 6800GT and whenever there's fog effects the fog looks like it's 16-bit, all posterized. Checked all my settings, running the latest drivers, clean install, yada yada.

So just out of curiousity tried Quake3 and the sky and water look horrible. Now I'm really puzzled. Direct3d apps look great, Far Cry, UT2K4.

Every runs fast and smooth but IQ is not very good on opengl stuff.

CC

Wow seems like a bad driver install, I sugest a clean install w/your drivers. I have the same card and no/probs what so ever. good luck neebs:)

SpiderWoW
08-11-04, 01:37 AM
not sure - but if you have a dual screen setup - disable the second monitor when running OpenGL games (dont expand windows to 2nd screen or optimize for only one monitor in the nvidia display application profiles) - i've heard thats causing slowdowns in OpenGL (think i have read that in the drivers release notes or manual [PDF on the driver download page]).