PDA

View Full Version : Who made the switch?

Pages : [1] 2

RedLeg
08-11-04, 01:48 AM
From ATI This round?

neliz
08-11-04, 06:01 AM
I, as a foreigner, asume you were intoxicated when writing this post.
And no, no switch for me..

SpiderWoW
08-11-04, 07:04 AM
somebody again kid enough to state

"i have the better ..."
"no, i ..."
"no, i ..."

vampireuk
08-11-04, 07:16 AM
Oh dear...

saturnotaku
08-11-04, 07:56 AM
Oh dear...

What he said. (dot)

BYUNews
08-11-04, 09:44 PM
I did. I used to have a Radeon 8500, and I switched to a 6800NU. Far Cry went from low 20s at 800*600 and low details to high 30s at 1024*768, high details and 2x/4x AA/AF. I'm impressed, but I think my Barton 2800 CPU is dragging me down a little.

Beeman
08-11-04, 09:55 PM
I'll go ahead and make the post every fanboy is waiting for..

I Switched! and OMG.. My penis grew 6 inches within 5 minutes of playing doom 3 on my new card! woooooooooohooo..

Now back to reality. I was actually going to try ATI this round, but they discontinued the x800XT so i stayed with nvidia.

anzak
08-11-04, 10:11 PM
My penis grew 6 inches within 5 minutes of playing doom 3 on my new card! woooooooooohooo..

:wtf:

I was actually going to try ATI this round, but they discontinued the x800XT so i stayed with nvidia.

(dot) :wtf:

-=DVS=-
08-11-04, 10:57 PM
Well i switched i like extra features and availability was better...... WAIT !! did you say it grows pen0s by 5 inches OMG :eek: need to buy more (aaa)

Raptorman
08-11-04, 11:12 PM
I switched from a Radeon 9700 PRO.

I'm happy with my penis, and e-penis size so I don't care if it grows more or not. (foshiz)

BlackSun
08-11-04, 11:16 PM
Ok, Raptorman, I'l bite....

I switched teams too....

From a Radeon 9800xt to a BFG OC 6800 Ultra.

I have to say, I am impressed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Knell2
08-11-04, 11:17 PM
Duh, I will have to switch all the way back to TNT so my pen0s will shrink back to 18". Hopefully I can still find one on the market.

EDIT: OMG, switching back to 1ntel extreme graphic did the trick!!

Reaper106
08-11-04, 11:23 PM
Now back to reality. I was actually going to try ATI this round, but they discontinued the x800XT so i stayed with nvidia.

Discontinued the x800xt? wow I have not heard that yet. I dont follow ATI as closly as I do NVIDIA so i may be out of the loop. Or is this just BS? :rolleyes:

Chiggs
08-12-04, 12:21 AM
I admit to. After being with ATI since the Radeon 8500, I decided to make the switch. The reasons? First off, never before have I seen a more embarassing paper-launch than what ATI accomplished this year(nVidia's was kind of bad, too):

"OH NO! NVIDIA HAS 16 PIPELINES!!!! QUICK! LET'S MAKE OUR X800PRO OUR SEMI-HIGH-END PRODUCT WITH A BLOATED PRICE OF $399.99 AND TRY TO STEAL NVIDIA'S THUNDER WITH A NON-EXISTENT PART CALLED THE X800 XT-PE! WOW, ISN'T IT GREAT TO HAVE THOUSANDS OF BACK-ORDERS WE COULD NEVER HOPE TO FILL BY THE TIME HALF-LIFE 2 COMES OUT?!!!! ISN'T IT GREAT TO PISS OFF OUR LOYAL CUSTOMERS!!!!???

Ugh... after seven weeks of waiting for my order to be processed, I called Gateway, told them to cancel it, and promptly ordered an EVGA 6800 GT. Suffice to say, the card is great, and hell, I may just "step up" to an Ultra later on down the line.

Also, to the poster above: I've also heard that particular rumor. Interesting, eh?

saturnotaku
08-12-04, 12:27 AM
Discontinued the x800xt? wow I have not heard that yet. I dont follow ATI as closly as I do NVIDIA so i may be out of the loop. Or is this just BS? :rolleyes:

The rumor was posted on W2S today, allegedly coming from CDW. But I expect them (CDW) to be as knowledgeable about high-end gaming hardware as I am about nuclear physics. I don't believe it myself.

RedLeg
08-12-04, 01:15 AM
maybee its because CDW has sold thousands of cards they new they would never get? The whole thing stinks ATI and thier suppliers should be ashamed of themselfs!

Pandora's Box
08-12-04, 01:16 AM
its NOT true. www.teamradeon.com has a link to a video conference call from ati. ati basically stated oem partners first, end users later.

SElkie
08-12-04, 01:18 AM
I was actually on the list to get an x800xt pe from pcconnections.com...I got a call from them this morning and they told me that this card was being discontinued.

I was lucky enough to have jumped from my 9700 pro to a Leadtek 6800 Gt which should be here tomorrow, so I wasnt to hurt by the discontinued card.

This will be my first Nvidia card so I'm looking forward to achieving the quality that the reviews have been raving about.

RedLeg
08-12-04, 01:21 AM
Nice panic mode ATI has sent all their sellers in since they cant meet their own release date :retard: The whole thing is a JOKE.

Clay
08-12-04, 01:25 AM
Nice panic mode ATI has sent all their sellers in since they cant meet their own release date :retard: The whole thing is a JOKE.
Please cut out silly flaming like this. Product releases/availability are not soley controlled by ATI or NVIDIA, the retailers have a huge say in the matter as well. At any rate, I doubt that you have all of the facts/details so please feel free to voice your opinion but your last post is just flamebait which isn't going to fly here.

RedLeg
08-12-04, 01:38 AM
Please cut out silly flaming like this. Product releases/availability are not soley controlled by ATI or NVIDIA, the retailers have a huge say in the matter as well. At any rate, I doubt that you have all of the facts/details so please feel free to voice your opinion but your last post is just flamebait which isn't going to fly here.
Not meant as a flame just out of frustration of ordering something that was never there and not going to be there for months to come. Like I said the whole thing to me seems like a joke as a customer.

Clay
08-12-04, 01:42 AM
Not meant as a flame just out of frustration of ordering something that was never there and not going to be there for months to come. Like I said the whole thing to me seems like a joke as a customer.
Ok, I can appreciate your frustration but I know that some people do have X800XT PEs (I have one for example). Saying things are a joke (in all caps no less) and using the beloved :retard: in that way will usually insight flaming is all. :cool:

RedLeg
08-12-04, 02:02 AM
Ok, I can appreciate your frustration but I know that some people do have X800XT PEs (I have one for example). Saying things are a joke (in all caps no less) and using the beloved :retard: in that way will usually insight flaming is all. :cool:
I think thats great you got your hands on one of the elusive x800 xt pe, its a great card infact a great rare card that sells on e-bay for over 800 dollars hopefully you got a better deal. But the bottom line to me is that ATI was never ready for the release date and was as far as I see it dishonest to the cutomer. Why? I think its because NVIDIA cought them by surprise w/their new cards so they set a release date to compete even though they knew they couldnt produce. Its just my opinion but it seems very clear to me and many others that ATI mislead their customers on the so called release date.

Pandora's Box
08-12-04, 02:19 AM
clay your fired. ur letting this thread get off course. (look theres rocks ahoy, better turn the barge before it smashes into the rocks which have a sign on them saying flame war island)

Clay
08-12-04, 02:22 AM
clay your fired. ur letting this thread get off course. (look theres rocks ahoy, better turn the barge before it smashes into the rocks which have a sign on them saying flame war island)Aye aye. :D Hey, I'm up late studying for this stinking XML cert exam so gimme a break. :p