PDA

View Full Version : Little Help Please (6800)

NDMstang65
08-11-04, 11:25 AM
Hey everybody...new member...'new' into gaming if you will (finally got a computer that is capable of running what i want to run)

Well...I purchased a new computer and luckily the company screwed up to my advantage. I ordered and paid for one of the new 6800-GT 256mb cards and i ended up getting one of the Ultra's!!!

Anyways - Is the software any different from the GT and the Ultra? If so how would I go about getting it so i can use the card to its full potential?

-Nick

NDMstang65
08-11-04, 11:29 AM
Oh yeah - i did do some diagnosing and it is indeed the Ultra - but it is listed as a GT on my computer (assuming software?)...I don't think any of the GT's take up two drive bays and have two DVI outs with an S-video out

http://www.nvnews.net/previews/geforce_6800_ultra/index.shtml that's exactly what it looks like

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Raptorman
08-11-04, 11:47 AM
Umm, install the nVIDIA drivers from nvidia.com and see if it lists it as an Ultra then (use Driver Cleaner).

That's odd. If it is an Ultra I have no clue why it would be listed as a GT. What's the clock speeds on it?

JoKeRr
08-11-04, 12:00 PM
where did u buy it??? I need someone to screw up and give me an Ultra instead of a GT

NDMstang65
08-11-04, 12:13 PM
where did u buy it??? I need someone to screw up and give me an Ultra instead of a GT

ibuypower

Raptorman - Trying to figure out the clock speed on it...

I tried to download the drivers from Nvidia but XP said that it had not been approved or 'watermarked' i believe.. something of that nature and suggested that i didn't install it

Raptorman
08-11-04, 01:06 PM
That's just because they are not WHQL certified. It's fine to install the drivers. Just hit "Continue Anyway" after you UNINSTALL your old drivers.
You can use RivaTuner or Coolbits 2 to find out your clock speeds.