PDA

View Full Version : Looks like I'll be needing to update AF investigation

ChrisRay
08-11-04, 04:11 PM
Just noticed these new modes in the latest drivers, I'm kinda curious what to expect from them, Since EQ is down (Stupid server updates) Gives me time to mess around ;p

Lfctony
08-11-04, 05:00 PM
Hey Chris, do you have Halo? Setting 16x AF and AFOpts on in Halo actually drops performance over normal 16x AF. This is with the 61.77s, and Halo detecting SM3.

Bartflaster
08-12-04, 03:47 AM
Just noticed these new modes in the latest drivers, I'm kinda curious what to expect from them, Since EQ is down (Stupid server updates) Gives me time to mess around ;p

Hi, would these be the same as if you set quality vs high quality in the 61.36 drivers ?
I heard about optimizations and that is what I made of it, IE: quality was optimizations on, High was off.
Or am I wrong on that ?

My previous (ATi) card had the option for performance or quality AF, do you think those would be a similar thing ?
I know switching from Q to HiQ on my current setup didn't alter frame rates, wereas the ATi card was a reasonable speed difference between perf and Q AF.
It sure would be nice to have this option with Nvidia too ;)

ChrisRay
08-12-04, 04:08 AM
Hi, would these be the same as if you set quality vs high quality in the 61.36 drivers ?
I heard about optimizations and that is what I made of it, IE: quality was optimizations on, High was off.
Or am I wrong on that ?

My previous (ATi) card had the option for performance or quality AF, do you think those would be a similar thing ?
I know switching from Q to HiQ on my current setup didn't alter frame rates, wereas the ATi card was a reasonable speed difference between perf and Q AF.
It sure would be nice to have this option with Nvidia too ;)

No the Quality/High Quality/Performance/High Performance modes are independent from these optimisations all having there own affect, I want to redo my IQ thread, But it will take a long time to do, to meet up with these new options.

Lfctony
08-12-04, 04:41 AM
Looks like there is a bug with Halo. Any sort of optimizations, AF or Trilinear drops performance. :(

Bartflaster
08-12-04, 05:00 AM
No the Quality/High Quality/Performance/High Performance modes are independent from these optimisations all having there own affect, I want to redo my IQ thread, But it will take a long time to do, to meet up with these new options.

Ok thanks for the enlightenment :)
I look forward to seeing your review, which driver set(s) have thes optimizations ?

saturnotaku
08-12-04, 07:39 AM
Pretty much every recent set has them, but they are adjustable by the user (except for high quality mode which disables all opts).

oozish
08-12-04, 11:34 AM
Pretty much every recent set has them, but they are adjustable by the user (except for high quality mode which disables all opts).
Can you elaborate on your thoughts on eaach? What setup do you use for the equivelant to a 'quality' setting?