PDA

View Full Version : Application Profiles for Steam

sweetmate
08-11-04, 08:44 PM
I can set up profiles for all my other games but how do i set up profiles for CS and DOD using steam. I've tried the hl.exes in the steamapps folders and its not happening. Someone help!

SpiderWoW
08-12-04, 07:56 AM
have you also been successfull in doing a profile for UT2004 (if you have it).
because i failed. i also can setup profiles for a lot of games and the NVidia demos where the settings of the profile affect the game... but on UT2004 it only works if i change the global settings (which is not the way its supposed to work). as for steam i have to try that later - i'll report back.

sweetmate
08-12-04, 08:29 AM
My UT2004 profile works fine. I choose the UT2004.exe in the system folder, and it works. I am using the Direct3D 9 renderer in case that may affect things. Update UT2004 to latest patch and set RenderDevice=D3D9Drv.D3D9RenderDevice under [Engine.Engine] in your UT2004.ini. And im using 61.77 drivers.

SpiderWoW
08-12-04, 12:27 PM
i have all the same since possible (current patch, 61.77, dx90c, d3d9renderer) and i also linked the UT2004.exe to the profile. but whatever Antialiasing Setting i choose it does not really affect the game (on other games and Nvidia Demos it works fine).

i could see that already in the menues (the fonts on selecing an instant game is yellow on blue - its very easy to see the difference if aliasing is working or not there - it looks different setting it in the global setting or in the UT Profile Setting).

i already deleted the profile and recreated it (add + searching for the exe + checkmark the searched and selected UT2004.exe + OK + checkmark the AA Setting + uncheck application controlled + set it to 4x + apply) - still not working

as for the Steam Applications
Steam is only a frontend application starting the games (almost as before without steam) ... so HL.EXE

you find this ...

D:\Games\Steam\SteamApps\yoursteamaccountname\coun ter-strike\HL.EXE
D:\Games\Steam\SteamApps\yoursteamaccountname\day of defeat\HL.EXE