PDA

View Full Version : Woohoo just got danger den block im gettin 480 on my ultra core.

Pages : [1] 2 3

odin20
08-13-04, 09:12 AM
This danger den waterblock is awesome. I did the pencil volt mod (sooo easy)
and i set my ultra to 450 then 460 then just for kicks i set her to 480 and i ran the card that way for 4 hours in doom3 with no problem, my temp never went higher than 52. This monster may be a 500 candidate i will keep tryin and let you know. I had the memory at 1250 with no problem too i will keep pushin. I love this card im comin from a 9800xt and i really am impressed.
Who needs a ultra extreme hehehe

MUYA
08-13-04, 10:07 AM
That is fantastic, I wonder if i can get a danger den water block added to my coolermaster alc-uo1 or sumat :D

probably not

JoKeRr
08-13-04, 11:13 AM
u should post some screen shots

GlowStick
08-13-04, 11:31 AM
I want water now :D

holmes
08-13-04, 01:02 PM
Reminds me of a sig I saw somewhere:

"Overclock till you see smoke.. then add water."

hehe... Good luck!
:)

odin20
08-13-04, 01:08 PM
well i pushed her a little more and got it to 487 anymore than that and i couldnt pass the test to even try it. The memory goes to 1250 stable and then it doesnt pass the test you have to do to set the clocks.
How important are those self tests the card does?

Warden13
08-13-04, 02:05 PM
How do you bypass the test? I've got the DD waterblock on my GT and I'm getting 460/1200 but I have a feeling it can do more. I can loop 3DMark or run Doom 3 for hours without even a hiccup. Temps in the 50 degree range as well.

Warden

odin20
08-13-04, 02:47 PM
i know how to bypass the test just get rivatuner and look in the power user settings, im just wondering how important the self tests are?

odin20
08-13-04, 11:35 PM
update: i tightened the nuts on my danger den waterblock and dropped my temps 20 degrees celcius lol. Now im runnin 493 core and 1250 memory.
I get paranoid about memory i dont think i wnat to push it anymore.
Not bad eh, i almost hit 500, its stable as hell too. Doom3,3dmark03, rithnbil and all other games run great.
14200 3dmarks(03) dont hurt either.

JoKeRr
08-14-04, 12:01 AM
holy smoke....Dude, that's some serious power!! I think the only thing you need to do now is overclock your processor a bit more, or get a P4EE and OC it to 3.7+ghz (kngt)

odin20
08-14-04, 12:04 AM
funny you say that im lookin for a good deal on a p4 3.4 ee all the time :)

But i like 4xaa and 16 af and in doom 3 with high rez im still videocard limited before i get cpu limited so im ok for now.

Pandora's Box
08-14-04, 12:05 AM
so u run 3dmark03 over and over again and fail to give us what score your getting? btw nice overclock.

odin20
08-14-04, 12:11 AM
i posted i got 14,200 already jeez, i dont give a crap about 3dmark anyway.

Pandora's Box
08-14-04, 12:13 AM
i posted i got 14,200 already jeez, i dont give a crap about 3dmark anyway.

whoops sorry mate. its 1 in the morning i need some sleep. hah.

odin20
08-14-04, 12:39 AM
no problem dude i couldnt wipe the grin off my face if i tried anyway this is the best card ive ever had :)

BlackSun
08-14-04, 01:14 AM
Awesome OC!!!!

I just put my DD Waterblock on this morning. OCed the BFG 6800 Ultra to 455. I did get it up to 460 but 3Dmarks would freeze during the trolls everytime so I backed it back down to 455 and it runs NO problems. I have been running rithnbil for the past 5 hours and it hasn't gone above 52 either. Don't know why it freezes. I would like to get up to 470ish. I am using Expert Tool now to OC. Works alittle better than the coolbits2 for me.

I do have a 3.4 P4EE with an Abit IC7Max. OCing that will be next. I'm somewhat new to this OCing so I have been reading as much as I can before I OC it.

Anyways GREAT OC!!!!

Ti22
08-14-04, 05:47 AM
Awesome OC!!!!

I just put my DD Waterblock on this morning. OCed the BFG 6800 Ultra to 455. I did get it up to 460 but 3Dmarks would freeze during the trolls everytime so I backed it back down to 455 and it runs NO problems. I have been running rithnbil for the past 5 hours and it hasn't gone above 52 either. Don't know why it freezes. I would like to get up to 470ish. I am using Expert Tool now to OC. Works alittle better than the coolbits2 for me.

I do have a 3.4 P4EE with an Abit IC7Max. OCing that will be next. I'm somewhat new to this OCing so I have been reading as much as I can before I OC it.

Anyways GREAT OC!!!!

try upping your voltage with the pencil mod you will be gettin crasy Overclock! u might even go to 500! seeing your temps you got the potential to get 500 and at 500 core speed your fill rate will be around 8000 Mtexel!!!!
since 500*16 = 8000
thats just sick!

btw overclocking to 500 core and overclocking your CPU will really strain your PSU!!! but seeing that you got a 600 watts one you'll reall put it to the test!

Hellion
08-14-04, 07:13 AM
ug....SUPER nice....ug. :P but HEY, Black sun, befor you OC make sure you KNOW what your doing first....because it can seriously mess something up if you dont know what your doing, and unlike us....computers dont heal themselves, once broken....your SOL. But im just warning you ...."PRECAUTIONS" i accidently fried my old proccessor one day, "*On purpose*" because i was trashing it anyways and i kept pushing it and it just suddenly stopped working...i dont know why? * laughs. and dude, Oden 20...if you break 500 stable....your my hero lol. you should see if its a record clock that doesnt require some outragious cooling set up.

Woodelf
08-14-04, 07:28 AM
Man, I hope you don't fry that overpriced card.
I've had 2 fry Prematurely (during multiple reboot's) due to documented volt mod's. Could have just been bad luck I suppose. I would hate to see that happen to you though. IMHO it's just not worth it if you don't upgrade Your processing power first and volt mod last. :)

GF3 (Dead), 9800 pro (Dead)

odin20
08-14-04, 10:24 AM
well its only .24 volts so instead of 1.43 the volts go to 1.77. Usually you fry things cause they get too hot. If you have really good cooling, (i do) then you have alot less to worry about. These cards are made to last 15 years but in reality all they need to last is about 2 or 3 at most. So will volt modding lower the life of you r card? Maybe. By how much? Who knows?
But it sure is fun and ive never had problems with any cpu or gpu ive pencil voltmodded. And ive been doing it a long time.
But dont go into it without reading alot. The first time this volt mod was published on the net they had the wrong pictures and they showed the wrong resistor being penciled :( It is now correct at vrzone.
I gamed all night with no problems at 494 last night.
Man it just will not hit 500.
Ohh well :)

Woodelf
08-14-04, 10:44 AM
well its only .24 volts so instead of 1.43 the volts go to 1.77. Usually you fry things cause they get too hot. If you have really good cooling, (i do) then you have alot less to worry about. These cards are made to last 15 years but in reality all they need to last is about 2 or 3 at most. So will volt modding lower the life of you r card? Maybe. By how much? Who knows?
But it sure is fun and ive never had problems with any cpu or gpu ive pencil voltmodded. And ive been doing it a long time.
But dont go into it without reading alot. The first time this volt mod was published on the net they had the wrong pictures and they showed the wrong resistor being penciled :( It is now correct at vrzone.
I gamed all night with no problems at 494 last night.
Man it just will not hit 500.
Ohh well :)
I'm on a volt modded a7n8x MB right now. I'm not saying that volt modding is necessarily bad.
One thing about volt modding that card bothers me though. And that it the history of how it came to be and whether it's allready volt modded.
It's allready drawing more voltage than it was ever deigned to, and never would, if it weren't for ATI. The amount of gain Your going to get is definetly not worth the risk. :)

odin20
08-14-04, 11:23 AM
hey everyone has their opinion right. Look at it this way did you notice the extreme edition has a .1 voltage advantage over the ultra? yes it does.
So nvidia knows you need more voltage, but with air cooling your temps are too high thats why the vendors dont do it. Until good water cooling becomes more prevalent volt modding will be left to us, i totally disagree that you can hurt a card with .24 volts, its the heat that kills not the volts.

Woodelf
08-14-04, 11:37 AM
hey everyone has their opinion right. Look at it this way did you notice the extreme edition has a .1 voltage advantage over the ultra? yes it does.
So nvidia knows you need more voltage, but with air cooling your temps are too high thats why the vendors dont do it. Until good water cooling becomes more prevalent volt modding will be left to us, i totally disagree that you can hurt a card with .24 volts, its the heat that kills not the volts.
AFAIK there is no Extreme edition chip from nvidia, and that individual vendors are taking it upon them selves to create an extreme edition card. The amount charged for these card's will pay for the warranty returns. .1 volt's is less than
.24. The only air cooled extreme that I know of is only obtainable by lottery, and probably have hand picked GPU's and memory modules. Yours does not. Dude, if you wan't to risk $500.00 for a benchmark score to impress go ahead.
My final 2 cents. :)

Ruined
08-14-04, 12:11 PM
How do you bypass the test? I've got the DD waterblock on my GT and I'm getting 460/1200 but I have a feeling it can do more. I can loop 3DMark or run Doom 3 for hours without even a hiccup. Temps in the 50 degree range as well.

Warden

Unless you have a second molex connector on your 6800GT, you'd probably get higher speeds running at 425/1200.

nVidiaGuru
08-14-04, 01:05 PM
i would definitly try the riva tuner trick. I got 30-40mhz more out of the core on my 5900 and its still very stabe and no errors