PDA

View Full Version : Painkiller stutters on my 6800 gt.

aAv7
08-13-04, 10:12 AM
Anyone else have this problem? 61.77, 62.20, and that newest rigged 65.xx all give me stuttering. If I use the stake gun to shoot someone a good distance away, the game pauses/stutters for a second before the stake hits the monster. Small problem, but reaaaaally annoying when your trying to get into the game. Everything else from ut2k4 to farcry is working fine.

Mojoe
08-13-04, 11:21 AM
Hmm there must be something with your system i`m using the 65.62 drivers with Pain K. and no problems.

coldfusion71
08-13-04, 12:08 PM
Anyone else have this problem? 61.77, 62.20, and that newest rigged 65.xx all give me stuttering. If I use the stake gun to shoot someone a good distance away, the game pauses/stutters for a second before the stake hits the monster. Small problem, but reaaaaally annoying when your trying to get into the game. Everything else from ut2k4 to farcry is working fine.

if you have a nforce motherboard disable fastwrites that is the main cause of the suttering issue.

SpiderWoW
08-13-04, 02:50 PM
i had stutterings sometimes (thought when big new objects/textures come in view) when BIOS option PCI Delay Transaction and/or FastWrites have been off in Doom3 (one of those 2 done the trick for me). besides i just have an AGP 4x motherboard and i had to equal 2D and 3D coreclocks to avoid hangs most of the time ended in crashreboots (both on 425 work pretty fine on all games i have - Farcry, Doom3, Halo... - everything is smooth like silk since then - i am happy now).

aAv7
08-13-04, 06:55 PM
i dont have a nforce board...all other games work fine...i have pk w/ the 1.2 patch...maybe i reinstall the game and keep it at 1.0 and see if that helps.