PDA

View Full Version : Since I beat Doom 3..now what?

Pages : [1] 2

Ghosthunter
08-13-04, 12:44 PM
This might sound strange but I loved Doom 3, it was one of the best FPS I have enjoyed in a real long time. I upgraded my system just for Doom 3

The thing is now that I have beaten it...I dont know what to play next. I went back to playing painkiller since never finsihed it, but it just doenst compare IMO

I feel a big letdown, like I have nothing to look forward to in terms of games.

What are you playing now?

majortom
08-13-04, 12:48 PM
im still dooming. what difficulty setting did you play it on? you could also just replay it using cheats. there's nothing better than taking on a hell knight with only your fists or a chainsaw knowing you have god mode on. :) . you could also create your own levels with the level editor, which is one of the most user friendly editors i've ever seen in a game.

ynnek
08-13-04, 01:16 PM
This is why I always try to finish a game, before moving on to another game.. cause its just not the same if you put it down and try to pick it back up again..

I'm betting i"M going to finish D3 by this weekend.. I think I'll just take a break from games for a bit, get some exercise and all that.. lol.. till HL2 comes out..

Riptide
08-13-04, 01:23 PM
I still bust away from D3 for a while and play UT2K4. Onslaught is just to addictive for me to not pick it up at least a couple times a week. :)

Slybri
08-13-04, 04:26 PM
I'm almost finished doom 3. Savoring every minute of it.
I'm thinking of replaying my way though the first Halflife and the mission packs. That way I'll be extra ready for HL2!
Of course Ut2004 never gets old. New maps and mods everyday!

SpeedDemon
08-13-04, 04:43 PM
I feel really sad as well after beating Doom3. I keep sitting down at my computer loading it back up wishing that there were more levels. I didn't upgrade my computer for Doom 3, but it still ran really well on my system:

Athlon XP-M 2400+ o/c to 3800+
1GB DDR400
ATI Radeon 9500 softmodded to 9700 340/300
And I played it on my TV with my full real Klipsch Surround sound home theater system

I don't care what people say, but the game was just incredible. I got the game on Tuesday and beat it by the next Tuesday (took exactly 1 week). I loved every minute of it. Yes I had my gripes, but the game was just gorgeous and kept on scaring me.

I played it at 800x600x32 (which is actually just fine on my Wega 27"), with medium quality, and v-sync on. Thanks iD, but please do something to fill this void that I have now.

Hopefully HL2 can fill it.

Mr. Hunt
08-13-04, 05:40 PM
Well... after I beat it I started playing it again on nightmare with various mods.... then I figured I would give the editor a try and now I have been creating my own map (have worked on 4 multiplayer maps but only 1 is decently playable)..... I have never mapped before so it is nice to learn all of the new things although sometimes it can get tedious and I know my map probably sucks to everybody else. But I am mainly trying to make good use of shadows and the lighting :\. If anybody wants to try my map PM me and I will try to get the file to you :\. I need peoples opinions anyway.

Kamel
08-13-04, 05:49 PM
i'd play call of duty single player again any day... that game rocks!

Heavyd
08-13-04, 08:22 PM
why dont you play some older games, unno something like doom heretic hexen (with the doomsday mod) or quake 1 or 2, or deus ex or unreal or nolf 1&2 or chaser etc.

AthlonXP1800
08-13-04, 08:35 PM
Go to your bed and stare at the ceiling and wait 2 weeks then you can get off your bed and buy Half Life 2. :D

ghostboy
08-13-04, 09:54 PM
Joint Ops perhaps?

S.I.N
08-13-04, 10:03 PM
i'd play call of duty single player again any day... that game rocks!

Exactly what I am doing now along with trying to finish up Max Payne 2. :nanahump:

Raptorman
08-13-04, 10:08 PM
Play some Battlefield Vietnam or Joint Ops.

Ghosthunter
08-13-04, 11:59 PM
Exactly what I am doing now along with trying to finish up Max Payne 2. :nanahump:

That was a fun game...too bad it was too short as well..

Another favorite of mine was Mafia..wish they come out with Mafia 2

I think I might pick up Thief 3...I loved thief 1 & 2, but heard mixed reviews about the latest but I might give it a shot anyway

Ghosthunter
08-14-04, 12:00 AM
Play some Battlefield Vietnam or Joint Ops.

really dont like BFV...too many negatives to say why...and never tried Joint Ops...to be honest not in mood for Multiplayer at the moment...looking for good single player games

Raptorman
08-14-04, 12:24 AM
really dont like BFV...too many negatives to say why...and never tried Joint Ops...to be honest not in mood for Multiplayer at the moment...looking for good single player games

Then jump into some Strategy with C&C Red Alert 2 or C&C Generals.
Some other nice single player fun is Operation Flashpoint, and all it's add-ons.
Or some Giants: Citizen Kabuto. I always enjoyed that game.

Mr. Hunt
08-14-04, 03:02 AM
Giants... that was a great game... I am quite sad it never really caught on :(.

Oh... but Thief 3 is great.

Mike1357
08-14-04, 03:26 PM
Ive never been the type of person that loves to rush through the game as fast as I possibly can. I'm not the one who gets the game and beats it that next day by playing straight through the night. I try and spread out the time I play for 1: so I don't get burnt out on it too quick and 2: so I get to enjoy it longer.

I haven't beaten D3 yet and I don't really think I'm close but I dont really mind. I try to fiddle around and find the secrets and neat little things.

The only other game that I felt sad that i beat was Call of Duty. I had so much fun with that game but when it ended, i was almost mad that i had beaten it. I expect myself to feel the same way with D3.

I would go back and play some HL but its too damn long :) Ill just play some UT2004 after D3 while i save up some money for a new system.

stncttr908
08-14-04, 03:59 PM
I don't know if I'm going to finish Doom. I have trouble not finding myself intensely bored at some points, and too scared at others.

SH64
08-14-04, 07:31 PM
I'm already replaying these games :

1)Painkiller : trying to collect all tarot cards . ( i love this game very much! :headbang: )
2)FarCry : enjoying the graphics .
3)Thief 3 on expert diffculty .
4)Halo (for fun)
5)UT2004 (for fun)

Son Goku
08-14-04, 09:16 PM
im still dooming. what difficulty setting did you play it on? you could also just replay it using cheats. there's nothing better than taking on a hell knight with only your fists or a chainsaw knowing you have god mode on. :) .

This is what saz said he started to do :D

Anyhow, to the original poster, the game play is probably not done for you with this game, considering the mods that are likely to come out. Given what happened with Quake x and Unreal...there will likely be things comming to extend your game play. Just need to wait for them mods to come out.

six_storm
08-15-04, 09:54 PM
PLAY SOME MP DAWG. Some people online are pretty good. I always like to challenge my self and maybe get some practice off the n00bs lol. Even if you don't like MP, it's a blast. It's no Quake 3 but it's fun as crap.

Severian126
08-16-04, 01:11 AM
Um, go download some pr0ns? :nanahump: *shrugs* Kills time, heh.

s-flow
08-16-04, 08:37 AM
This might sound strange but I loved Doom 3, it was one of the best FPS I have enjoyed in a real long time. I upgraded my system just for Doom 3

The thing is now that I have beaten it...I dont know what to play next. I went back to playing painkiller since never finsihed it, but it just doenst compare IMO

I feel a big letdown, like I have nothing to look forward to in terms of games.

What are you playing now?

Play it again! I am doing that now and it is as fun as the first time if
not better. :D

killahsin
08-16-04, 11:51 AM
After i beat it the first time on veteran i decided to try the bumrush method. As I'm an avid fan of Scott Miller tactics(lol). I found out that it isn't possible to do the bumrush method, through the game fast , on veteran mode. Unless you memorize where all the ammo is all the codes etc. So I restarted on Veteran binded give all ammo and health, and went for a joyride. Wow this game is nuts with unlimited rockets.

Doing it this way definatly reminded me of doom 1 crazyness