PDA

View Full Version : im the only that thinks Doom3 end is a masterpiece?

Nv40
08-13-04, 02:03 PM
Wow.. it took me more than 2 weeks too finish this game.. hehe :)
but i was playing + carefully exploring the game inch by inch.. and only playing few hours each day. there were many times where i was amazed by the graphics and animations of the game that wanted too just keep there and never leave :D. took so many screenshots , currently i have over 2 thousands of screenshots from start to finish (~4.5Gb harddisk space) just to give you an idea .. (have the F12 key binded to the mouse button 2 - you can get excelent screenshots in intense fights). and with the help of console commands :angel2: to keep me alive as much as possible. :D i think the game have a very nice ending. (for comparisons the FArcry end was pretty lame .) a masterpiece.. and even suggest that the story will continue in the likes of a mission pack. :) hopefully is there is any it will have stronger multiplayer capabilities and driveable vehicles. :)

here is a nice one i took..

http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/attachment.php?attachmentid=7488&stc=1

i dont think the picture above spoil anything... it doesnt say anything excepts game graphics.. ;) and for the people that thinks that there is another game with better graphics they couldnt be more wrong ..unless that game is Unreal 3. :)

Seoulstriker
08-13-04, 02:22 PM
Totally, man! :ORDER:

It is really nice that you took everything slowly, as I did (it took me a week). It really helps put everything in context. And the repetitions are not noticable. It is indeed a masterpiece, as everything fits together so incredibly nicely. :drooling: It was everything I ever wanted.

Wasn't hell the best designed of all the places?? :drooling:

ClosetFanBoy
08-13-04, 02:36 PM
it left me wondering if the doom series has a future. at 1st i thought, "hmm they left the door cracked open" but then i figured since its a "retelling", well, we all know that the doom universe continued. i hope it doesnt end, i would love to see an expansion. :clap:

revbatboy
08-13-04, 03:21 PM
Did you find the Access badge for Id software at the end?

Ninjaman09
08-13-04, 03:29 PM
I did, that was pretty cool, though I didn't want to read all the stuff in there. But yeah, I liked the ending. It was pretty cool.

ClosetFanBoy
08-13-04, 05:32 PM
well, i guess this answers my question.

- Doom 3 demo is at least a couple of weeks away.
- Doom 3 patch is of course in the works addressing a couple of minor multiplayer bugs
- Doom 3 expansion pack in the works by a separate developer
- Doom 3 sales for the first week are possibly the highest ever for a PC game, Activision is investigating to be sure.

http://www.ggmania.com

w00t! :clap:

Mr. Hunt
08-13-04, 05:42 PM
I THOUGHT I was going through it slowly but then I ended up beating it in 2 days :(. It was still a great game and my only problem is no 2d face at the bottom lol.

S.I.N
08-13-04, 06:06 PM
I THOUGHT I was going through it slowly but then I ended up beating it in 2 days :(. It was still a great game and my only problem is no 2d face at the bottom lol.

2 days...didnt you rest? God? Giveall?

Mr. Hunt
08-14-04, 04:50 PM
No... no cheats or mods the first time through... and I didn't even play it for very long straight through... that was why I was amazed when I beat it in just 2 days :(.

Slyder
08-14-04, 05:01 PM
im the only that thinks Doom3 end is a masterpiece?

Not by a long shot, but I certainly don't share your faith. This game is far from a masterpiece. ;)

SH64
08-14-04, 07:00 PM
Yeah .. the ending was great & points for an expansion .

there should be an expansion :ORDER: ( and a duct tape mode option :p )

holmes
08-14-04, 08:08 PM
I just finished the game today.. One word: amazing.
I love this game, the ending was also very good as opposed to Farcry which basically sucked.

Bravo id.
:clap:

superklye
08-14-04, 11:29 PM
how the hell were you playing the game for more than two weeks when it's been out 10 or 11 days max?

Nv40
08-15-04, 04:45 AM
how the hell were you playing the game for more than two weeks when it's been out 10 or 11 days max?

it was a bit less less.. but it felt months playing it to me.. :D
at the begining was playing without cheats .. but in the end was using them.. :angel2: :)

SH64
08-15-04, 08:15 AM
.. but in the end was using them.. :angel2: :)

CHEATER !! :spank:

the game is easy even in normal "marine" diffculty .

Edge
08-15-04, 08:24 AM
Marine difficulty? Hell, the game is too easy in the VETERAN difficulty, I almost wish I could've chosen Nightmare from the begining (although I don't like the game mechanic of it slowly reducing your health...couldn't they just double the enemy's hitpoints or something?).

And I completly forgot about the prospect of an expansion pack, I was wondering why they left such a huge plot element open at the end of the game. That's exactly what Blizzard did with Diablo 2 (not that it's really a bad thing). I wouldn't mind seeing an expansion pack that adds another dozen or so hours and a bunch of new multiplayer mechanics to the game...maybe then they'll fix the filter bug :D

Intel17
08-15-04, 04:17 PM
Right on Nv40!! Best graphics, best tech, masterpiece gameplay :) :)

matthewryanc
08-16-04, 02:13 AM
Going through the mars bases got kinda boring. I with they would have had:
Controllable vehicles
An explanation as to why there was no suit/gun light
more dynamic environments like hell
more cool enemy stuff (like having the imps crawling on the ceiling more, maybe some spiders drop on ya more)
more interactive environment (destroyable props, like chairs, soda cans, and soda dispensers)
...and to have the body's fade away be a dynamic light/flare. Would be neat if whenever you killed an enemy, it would give you some light to see the rest of the enemys.

About lighting, I agree, that it set the mood well, but there NEEDS to be an explanation as to why you can't have a light on your gun/suit. I just can't believe a story that tells you that we actually recessed in technology in that way. Maybe a limited battery life would be a good compromise.

I thought that the ENPRO level was one of the best due to the fact that the droid had a light on it, so you could see what you were shooting. The shadows looked more impressive that way.

Well worth $55 though.

EDIT: Oh yeah, the ending. It was well done, however, I wish it would have been longer, maybe shown the doom guy being placed in an insane assylum after telling them what he did, or showed them destroying the mars base. All things that can be done in the expansion pack though... Kinda wish the doctor would have been punished by satan, because he didn't plan for someone like the doom guy/didn't kill him earlier.

One additional thing that I can remember wanting to see, would be a longish video showing the team doing their first test of the teleportation machine. Showed the video that the droid saw maybe, and have the upper managment 'erasing' the video, so that further experimentation would have occured.

And wouldn't it be cool if some of the corpses of your fellow marines would grab your leg, just as a scare gag. Maybe have it slow you down during some conflicts, unless you blew them off.

WeReWoLf
08-16-04, 02:50 AM
I haven't yet finished it, and i picked it up on the 3rd...

Edge
08-16-04, 04:44 AM
One additional thing that I can remember wanting to see, would be a longish video showing the team doing their first test of the teleportation machine. Showed the video that the droid saw maybe, and have the upper managment 'erasing' the video, so that further experimentation would have occured.

That reminds me, it was kinda wierd that they showed the full scene of the hell head things coming from the portal and that guy being turned into a zombie in things like trailers and the E3 2002 build, but then in the full game the only place it shows up is in a small video screen in the room where you find the researcher. Odd that they would work so hard on making that a real-time animation, and then just turn it into a videoclip that's shown on a monitor that takes up 1/10th of the screen. But now that you mention it more actual videos like that would be cool, most of the video discs that you pick up seem to just be descriptions of things.

Gaco
08-17-04, 03:33 PM
But they DO show that exact scene of a marine being turned into a zombie just as in the E32002 demo! Look closely on the screens by the missing scientist at that point where it all goes to hell and you will see that :)

Edge
08-17-04, 03:45 PM
Yes, that's the "videoclip that's shown on a monitor that takes up 1/10th of the screen" part I was referencing ;)

Mike1357
08-17-04, 04:59 PM
Duh-huh! lol :P