PDA

View Full Version : Need suggestions on ocing amd64 3200+ cpu

aAv7
08-13-04, 08:16 PM
I've talked to a few people who have fried their cpu by only upping it 200mhz to 2200mhz so it has made me hesitant to oc. How many people out there own amd64 cpu's and have had success with ocing? I'd like to push it up roughly 200mhz if I can....also...totally n00b question....this is my first amd cpu...always had intel..are there any progs to oc my cpu through windows or do I have to set the mutipler thingy in my bios (which is currently at 200...so where should I set it to get 100mhz oc and then 200mhz oc?) Thanks in advance.

Sazar
08-14-04, 11:14 AM
what motherboard do you have? its not in your specs...

if you have an nf3-250 you can look to oc the fsb and you can get a decent oc...

I have a via k8t800 platform and it does not have agp/pci locks like some of the nf3-250's.. however I have been able to take my rig upto around 215 mhz fsb and run it there for a day with no repurcusions (other than me chewing my finger nails incase I blew the radeon :eek: )

you SHOULD be able to oc your computer up by around 10 fsb w/o problems...

people who fry their cpu's are likely doing something wrong... there is thermal protection in-built into the a64 cpu's that prevents their damage from overheating..

small oc's to the fsb will yield proportionally bigger performance increases than any other type of cpu on the market coz of the on-die memory controller for the a64...