PDA

View Full Version : eVGA 6800 GT Overclocking Issues

Chiggs
08-13-04, 08:49 PM
Okay, well, I posted in another thread, but was ignored, so I'll give it another shot.

The Problem: I'm overclocking using Coolbits, and everytime I restart the computer, I have to reset the clock frequency. And yes, the box that states 'Apply these settings at startup' is checked.

Do I have to edit my bios to get the clock speeds to stick? Strangely enough, I had this same problem with my 5900, which I eventually flashed into a 5950.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

DaveW
08-13-04, 08:52 PM
You shouldn't have to do anything with your bios, this sounds like a problem with your driver/registry/windows installation.

Chiggs
08-13-04, 08:59 PM
You shouldn't have to do anything with your bios, this sounds like a problem with your driver/registry/windows installation.

Hmmm... I have numerous Windows XP services disabled (for peformance and security reasons).

I used the guide on this site.

http://www.blackviper.com/WinXP/servicecfg.htm

Could it be a disabled service which is causing this problem, since services directly affect the registry? Shell Hardware detection maybe?

CWB
08-13-04, 10:09 PM
You've disabled NvCpl, which as far as I know is not listed in the Services list. Did you uncheck any Startup items in msconfig? Are you using NVHardpage to OC?

Raptorman
08-13-04, 10:14 PM
You can use RivaTuner to fix that issue. Coolbits works fine with RivaTuner for me.

rewt
08-13-04, 10:20 PM
Driver 65.62 has completely fixed that o/c issue, provided you don't disable anything in the registry.

Chiggs
08-13-04, 10:28 PM
You've disabled NvCpl, which as far as I know is not listed in the Services list. Did you uncheck any Startup items in msconfig? Are you using NVHardpage to OC?

You nailed it, pal. Also, Rivatuner, which Raptorman mentioned, also worked. Thanks for help, guys. I was a little wary of screwing with the bios.