PDA

View Full Version : Missing aa & af settings in fw 61.77

floppymaster
08-14-04, 11:30 AM
Hello again!

Well, yesterday I got my MSI 6800GT in, after one year of ATi usage.
Anyway, when I first installed the 61.77 drivers I had alot of settings under "image quality", like game profiles, AF up to 16x, AA up to 8x etc. Suddenly, this just disappeared. Today I did a fresh install of windows, and again I had all the settings I should have (or should I?). Installed some other drivers and programs, and bam! Gone again. WTF is going on?
The game profile thingy is gone, AA only goes up 8xS, AF up to 8X. :lame:

OWA
08-14-04, 11:37 AM
Are you installing coolbits 2? It changes some of the options. If this is the cause, I think you can recover the options you want by tweaking coolbits a little. See the coolbits 2 sticky for more info.

floppymaster
08-14-04, 11:46 AM
Yep, coolbits2 is installed, so I reckon that's the problem then.
Ah, well, coolbits doesn't seem to save the overclocks anyway, so I use rivatuner. I might as well remove coolbits I guess...

rewt
08-14-04, 12:06 PM
Its not a problem at all. In fact it's a very simple fix. All you have to do is re-enable the application profiles page by setting the value to 1. And yes, Coolbits does overclock, and with no issues. Did you even read the thread before you installed it? lol

OWA
08-14-04, 12:08 PM
You have to use a certain procedure for the settings to stick. Set the 2D and 3D settings and it should work. I actually do it by setting the 3D, appying, setting 2D applying, and setting 3D again and applying. If you use coolbits+ or coolbits 1, you'll get the overclocking and some of the other features without modifying the layout or removing features. You can do the same thing with coolbits 2 but you'll need to read the thread and tweak some of the settings.

rewt
08-14-04, 12:13 PM
You have to use a certain procedure for the settings to stick. Set the 2D and 3D settings and it should work. I actually do it by setting the 3D, appying, setting 2D applying, and setting 3D again and applying.

Thats actually a driver bug. I've used that procedure on older drivers and it seemed to work ok, sometimes. But it was quite a hassle so I just used RivaTuner ;) But now that 65.62 driver doesn't have this o/c issue, I overclock with Coolbits alone. My 5900NU (flashed) passes the internal clock test at 510/1.02Ghz. And the settings stick, so they get applied at startup as well.