PDA

View Full Version : Bfg 6800gt Oc

PeterCorkum
08-14-04, 01:32 PM
In the next few days I will have access to getting a BFG 6800GT OC (if everything goes according to plan). However, i'm already on back order for a pny 6800 GT. I've already purchased every other part for the system i'm building and was wondering if it would be a good idea to cancel my PNY pre-order and go ahead and buy the BFG 6800 GT OC. Does anyone have experiance with this card? How hot does it run stock?

I also don't see myself getting the PNY card anytime soon, i'm pretty much at my wits end with them. Is there anything I should know about the BFG card before purchasing it?

SumoHamster
08-14-04, 02:30 PM
Does anyone have experiance with this card? How hot does it run stock?

I also don't see myself getting the PNY card anytime soon, i'm pretty much at my wits end with them. Is there anything I should know about the BFG card before purchasing it?

I just bought this card this last week and am loving it! I had a PNY card a couple weeks ago and if 3dmark03 is your thing, I'll tell you that the BFG card was 400 points higher at stock (with my Athlon 64 3500+). It seems to run about 65C on average, though I don't know what it gets up to while gaming.

nvnews-reader
08-14-04, 03:10 PM
BFG is the best. I would go with them even if you had to wait.

ashayh
08-14-04, 08:55 PM
I see @55 C at idle and 70-72 after games. But then I have 7 other fans in my case.. so I'm not sure if this is typical.

20Mhz more out of the box is great for someone like me who wont bother to overclock much. I think its a great buy.

hazindu
08-15-04, 01:24 AM
it cools off really fast, so to get an acurate reading of the temp, you need to run something windowed(such as humus's softshadow demo) next to the temp display so you can monitor it as it changes. Mine tops out around 85C which is pretty damn hot. I wish the cooling unit holes were compatible with the koolance vga180 block since I already have one.