PDA

View Full Version : EVGA Geforce6800GT Problem

demon5
08-14-04, 01:13 PM
Hi I'm currently having a problem. just got my new geforce6800GT after long waiting period for the pre order. and get problems right from bootup
Anyone else have this problem? Pics Attached to illustrate
First pic is where it shows the stats of the system. Second is where it locks up when I try to install drivers for it. My main system flat out reboots when I try driver install. that system locks at that point. Both systems have same display issues so I know it isn't the agp slots or anything on the motherboard.

Pandora's Box
08-14-04, 01:21 PM
u do have the power connector attached? the fan is spinning right?

Flipper
08-14-04, 02:54 PM
bad memory on the card probably

TISaint
08-14-04, 03:23 PM
Hi I'm currently having a problem. just got my new geforce6800GT after long waiting period for the pre order. and get problems right from bootup
Anyone else have this problem? Pics Attached to illustrate
First pic is where it shows the stats of the system. Second is where it locks up when I try to install drivers for it. My main system flat out reboots when I try driver install. that system locks at that point. Both systems have same display issues so I know it isn't the agp slots or anything on the motherboard.

Looks like the matrix has you.... Whoa.

Pandora's Box
08-14-04, 03:31 PM
yeah im thinking this:

You either dont have the power connector connected or its not a dedicated power line. OR your Power supply aint strong enough

demon5
08-14-04, 10:21 PM
yes power supply/cables are fine. same thing in 2 systems. actally when I called evga they said it sounded like the video memory like flipper said.
but also said call back on tuesday and see if they can get ahold of one for me to rma it.

Auswak
08-15-04, 03:42 AM
Yep.... Unfortunately for you it looks like bad RAM on the card.

What are your Power Supply specs, just out of curiosity ?

walkndude
08-15-04, 09:51 AM
DaveA just to let you know, if you dont connect anything to the molex connector on the card you find out what that little speaker is for on the top right corner of the card... it emmits an extremely loud, continuos shrill.

Sounds like a bum card demon -had a very similar problem with the first bfg 6800gt I had... Would work fine in safe and vga mode but as soon as the drivers were loaded it would reboot or lock. Since it was functioning properly in the two prior modes I figured I was doing something wrong somehow and pulled most my hair out for the next 3 days trying to get the systems to work correctly...

After breaking down and contacting support(the guy actually sounded like he knew what he was talking about -a first) I was informed the cards run at 200/600 clocks and a lower voltage when in safe and vga modes and was given an rma number to return the defective card(luckily the local retailer had another and was willing to exchange)...

If you check out a few forums unfortunately there is no shortage of bum cards shipped out this generation. If its any consolation the next card I recieved is a true champ and is a joy to game on.

Keep us informed on what happens.

demon5
08-15-04, 09:52 AM
500W antec power supply in my antec server tower. Running Amd 3200+XP on shuttle an35 nforce2 ultra 400 board. geforcefx5200 ultra 128meg =(
would really like to be using a better video card but that is why I'm posting here. Kinda hurts that I spend 450 bucks for the card and shipping/tax. wait 2 weeks for a pre order. then when I finally get it it doesn't work =(

demon5
08-15-04, 09:59 AM
The guy I talked to said to call him back tuesday and gave me his extension.
He said he'll send new card first and personally test it before shipping it. and new card will come with the pre paid ups tag. I wanna see what kinda power this card really has. especially compared to my crappy 5200fx card. heh 3dmark03 drops to like 2-3fps on the trolls lair and nature game tests. and I'm sure only the vid card can be causing that cuz I run amd 3200+XP on nforce2 ultra 400 board. with duel channel 400mhz ram.
oh and yes I heard the loud continuous shrill when I tried to pull the power on it. ack

DaveA just to let you know, if you dont connect anything to the molex connector on the card you find out what that little speaker is for on the top right corner of the card... it emmits an extremely loud, continuos shrill.

===========================================
Sounds like a bum card demon -had a very similar problem with the first bfg 6800gt I had... Would work fine in safe and vga mode but as soon as the drivers were loaded it would reboot or lock. Since it was functioning properly in the two prior modes I figured I was doing something wrong somehow and pulled most my hair out for the next 3 days trying to get the systems to work correctly...

After breaking down and contacting support(the guy actually sounded like he knew what he was talking about -a first) I was informed the cards run at 200/600 clocks and a lower voltage when in safe and vga modes and was given an rma number to return the defective card(luckily the local retailer had another and was willing to exchange)...

If you check out a few forums unfortunately there is no shortage of bum cards shipped out this generation. If its any consolation the next card I recieved is a true champ and is a joy to game on.

Keep us informed on what happens.

skizatch
08-15-04, 02:21 PM
I had the same problem with my card! I too was waiting forever for it to come and was then intensely disappointed. I ordered a new one from newegg and will be calling eVGA to return this one on Monday. 550 watt Antec TruePower in this system with a pair of 3GHz Xeon chips...

Check out this thread too, I don't know if it's related but it could be: http://www.hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=793665

demon5
08-15-04, 06:53 PM
I don't have that kinda extra money to just order a new one. this week it supposedly will be replaced. I hope I get the new one this week =( I wanna see what all this power everyone raves about is like. It Looks physically pretty. but I'd rather the baord look like crap without all the images and stuff and have it working

demon5
08-24-04, 11:38 AM
well it's now the 24th. they still havn't even shipped it. but they have my broken card. =(