PDA

View Full Version : the point of view geforce 6800 ultra

6800_m0nster
08-14-04, 07:41 PM
Hey guys it's been a long time before i posted here, Well finaly when all goes well my pov gf 6800 ultra should be here in about 1.5 weeks :clap:
But i could not find any reviews about it, So my question is, How is the card is it a good overclocker and is it using 1.6ns memory.
And another thing, I got a maxpower 400 watt psu is that one good enough to handle the pov 6800 ultra.
and how is the brand point of view overal.
Thanks in advance.

Templar
08-14-04, 08:00 PM
card rocks and your PSU should do the job..
Welcome to the club.

OC core stable at 454Mhz..

Simon

6800_m0nster
08-14-04, 08:38 PM
Wow 454Mhz core with the cooling that come's with the card or a special other cooling, Also does the card come with 1.6ns memory?

Nuvian
08-14-04, 08:57 PM
card rocks and your PSU should do the job..
Welcome to the club.

OC core stable at 454Mhz..

Simon

which bios are you using to get it stable at those clocks?
mine is having problems if i dont put it at 400/400,defualt was 425 but had 2 switch to leadtek bios to get it stable.

fivefeet8
08-14-04, 10:54 PM
My BFG 6800 Ultra OC does 450/1.24 fine on stock cooling. Well, my very nicely ventilated case probably helps a lot. ;)

Lfctony
08-15-04, 12:40 AM
Same here, unless the speeds are left on default with the Leadtek bios, I get pauses and everything. Before I flashed to the LT bios it was even worse.

Templar
08-15-04, 05:42 AM
Just stock cooling.

BIOS: 5.40.02.10.14 (has dynamic core clock),

Simon

SpiderWoW
08-15-04, 07:33 AM
mine is running fine after setting memclock and coreclock equal to 425
raising both to 435 gave me some instability on longer gamesruns (reboot, i am also running bios .14 which is a slightly pov modified nvidia reference bios, as support told me) but i am sure the o/c limit is different on each card. i am personally not a big fan of overclocking - the standard clock gives great performance allready and raising the clock only will give you some minor fps increase.

before setting clocks to equal (coolbits2 registry keys) manually there have been reboots, hanging, stutter and other phenomenons (dependend on the game - especially on doom 3 and higher resolutions on my 4xAGP mainboard) - strange problem coming up on different card manufacturers - curios where it comes from - is this a generell reference board design hardware problem, a detonator forceware problem or a bios problem ?.

as far as i have seen/heard, all card manufacturers are using the same reference layout. some are picking out some better quality memory chips and cores (i've read that somewhere here). sometimes my fan starts to "grind" on the fan case, but not very often and it stops after some shaking. it also happens to some other card manufacturers cards (reference design again).

i am using a noisblocker 550 Watt PSU and do not have problems from that side so far. kept it safe and used one cable stream only for the primary 6800 power connector and a second cable stream for the secondary. the remaining 3rd cable streams now has to provide power for ALL other devices in my pc (floppy,4hd,2dvd,soundcard,fans) of yourse only possible with Y-split-cables - until now everthing is running fine.

besides those quality issues on the new 6800 series (i am little disappointed about nvidia about that - because for me they ever have been very good in QA) - the card has a great performance and i am sure you will enjoy it alot like i do.

Kyum
09-03-04, 03:32 AM
no it does not have 1.6ns.leadtek should be sued but it only supplied the cheap 2.0ns ram used on the gts on it.while some other ultra producing companies used 1.6ns.i would return it if i were you and complain or buy another brand with 1.6ns.you have a glorified gt on your hands.

Hellion
09-03-04, 06:14 AM
lol, the NINTH post finaly anwers the Q about mem. guh, i hate not necesarily LT but almost all corporate companies are annoying in that they cut corners that they should not. In fact its almost disgusting how many things go on that WE dont know about.