PDA

View Full Version : Doom3 Runs well on a Geforce 440 Go 32mb equiped laptop =)

DirtySanchez
08-15-04, 12:37 AM
At first running this game on my desktop system, I wasn't too impressed. The graphics were/are heads and shoulders above the rest, but the blurry textures left me feeling mildly disappointed.

For ****s-n-giggles, I install it on my laptop, and wouldn't ya know it actually runs... in a window 640x480 LOW quality, and it actually looks great =) And plays decently. Gets choppy in scenes with alot of light sources and models. I imagine some of the choppiness is due to texture swapping with the paltry 32mb of video ram.

I just thought it was cool, seeing as a 64meg video card is mentioned as a minumum requirement. And even though it's that low a resolution, and LOW quality; it actually looks good when it's all shrunk down in a tiny window. Almost like they way it was meant to be played. Gives me impitus to get to work early so I can get a half hour of playtime before the daily grind starts... wheee!

ricercar
08-15-04, 02:03 AM
i took out a NV10 (Geforce 256) from my closet for testing Doom3 tomorrow. We'll see,

Edge
08-15-04, 02:45 AM
I tried playing this game on my friend's celeron with integrated Intel Extreme video. It looked like crap, ran horribly, and froze after about 30 seconds. And the worst part is, he doesn't have an AGP port, but I have a spare Geforce 3 card I could loan him. He's been waiting for this game for a long time too...I kinda feel sorry for him. Now he's almost wishing that he didn't recieve the computer as a gift :p

Cheimison
08-19-04, 01:31 AM
Celeron
*shudder*