PDA

View Full Version : banding in shadows on a 6800Ultra

Templar
08-15-04, 12:31 PM
guyz.

Any one gotten Banding in some shadows in Doom3?

Simon

pjstp20
08-15-04, 04:15 PM
I got it on one level only. I also experienced the flashlight bug on the same level so I just figured it was a bug.

jAkUp
08-15-04, 04:19 PM
Yes. I have it... dunno if its supposed to be that way or not, kinda ugly though. Only noticable in a few areas however.

Sazar
08-15-04, 04:34 PM
is it similar to the banding seen on ati cards?

only in some dark areas?

jAkUp
08-15-04, 05:06 PM
yes only in some dark areas, or areas where there is alot of fog.

holmes
08-15-04, 06:51 PM
The banding, to my recollection, occurs in two levels. I can't remember their names off the top of my head though.

Gaco
08-16-04, 03:48 PM
The only and first time i saw it was right in the first few seconds of the game where i looked down the big blackh hole under the spaceship.
But that was also the only time where I was actually looking for them, I never noticed anything ingame...

EDIT: Correction: The color banding is definently VERY noticable in the last few levels :(

Oh well, i just hope ATI will fix it in the next patch, as matter of fact I think they will...

Arioch
08-16-04, 03:49 PM
I noticed it in the game also - especially on the long ride down the lift towards the dig site. It kind of reminded me of how the fog looked in 16-bit running Quake 3:Arena on my Voodoo2 SLI cards.

killahsin
08-16-04, 03:56 PM
Do you all have that shadowing mod the self shadowing one installed?

I'm just wondering, because when i had this installed my shadows were really wierd looking in some circumstances.

Arioch
08-16-04, 04:12 PM
Do you all have that shadowing mod the self shadowing one installed?

I'm just wondering, because when i had this installed my shadows were really wierd looking in some circumstances.

The only mod I am using is the Trent Reznor sound pack.