PDA

View Full Version : 61.77 B&W TVOut

Criosphinx
08-15-04, 03:18 PM
I don't know if anyone else have this problem, the tvout is black and white with these driver, it was fine with previous.

I'am using a 5600 U and a svideo to composite adapter, any ideas? maybe its just a setting in the drivers that Im missing.

myshkinbob
08-15-04, 03:37 PM
check you're using the right tv-out format for your region, go to the nvidia properties, Nview Display Settings (on the side menu), set to some kind of two screen mode(clone/span), apply, right click the TV icon, top of the right click menu is Select TV Format, choose an NTSC mode if you're in japan/US/Canada, or PAL if you're any other country, eg. UK/AUS/ that doesn't have french as a popular language (google SECAM).

The black and white tv-out is due to sending the wrong tv-out format for the kind of tv you have in your region, so your tv is looking for the colour information where there is no signal.

rmonster
08-16-04, 11:55 AM
I don't know if anyone else have this problem, the tvout is black and white with these driver, it was fine with previous.

I'am using a 5600 U and a svideo to composite adapter, any ideas? maybe its just a setting in the drivers that Im missing.

Here's what worked for me: Go to nview display properties and highlight your tv, then select "device settings">"select tv format">"advanced". That will bring you to a page that will allow you to adjust the signal format and video output format. Selecting a different video output format ("svideo-out" instead of "auto-select") fixed it right up for me.

Hope this helps!

Criosphinx
08-16-04, 03:59 PM
Thanks I already fixed it

But the strange thing was that it detects it right initially (is set to M/NTSC) but there is no color, so I tried other settings, including PAL (which I knew will not work) finally it worked after several changes just when I revert it back to M/NTSC. Go figure.