PDA

View Full Version : Just got my new 6800 ultra

Muppet
08-16-04, 04:59 AM
Just got my new 6800 ultra it`s a leadtek and damn its one big f..... card.It rocks in doom at 1600 by 1200.I live in New Zealand and have been waiting for these cards to arrive and i can tell you it was worth the wait.Have moved up from a 9700 pro and joined the dark side. :clap:

Muppet
08-16-04, 05:06 AM
By the way where can i find what memory settings and how to overclock {thats if i really need to}.Just played doom3 for over 1 hour and absolutly rock steady and oh so beautifull. :nanahump:

YOGIx213
08-16-04, 05:22 AM
You can download Coolbits to check your clock frequency and overclock (check the downloads section). Oh, and next time, check the Sticky''s before posting to make sure you are not starting up a thread that was already put out. I made that mistake a couple of times before. Welcome! :)

Muppet
08-16-04, 05:25 AM
You can download Coolbits to check your clock frequency and overclock (check the downloads section). Oh, and next time, check the Sticky''s before posting to make sure you are not starting up a thread that was already put out. I made that mistake a couple of times before. Welcome! :)
Chears mate and i will do next time.

keith33
08-16-04, 09:01 AM
There's also a simple registry value that you can change instead of a cumbersome download. Just pop-open regedit then go to
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/SOFTWARE/NVIDIA Corporation/NVTweak

Then add a new D_WORD value called "Coolbits". The assign it a new hexadecimal value of 3.

kahloq
08-16-04, 09:05 AM
There's also a simple registry value that you can change instead of a cumbersome download. Just pop-open regedit then go to
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/SOFTWARE/NVIDIA Corporation/NVTweak

Then add a new D_WORD value called "Coolbits". The assign it a new hexadecimal value of 3.

There isnt a cumbersome download. Coolbits is extremely small and if you check the FORCEWARE drivers section of the forums there is a sticky about coolbits. All you need to do is copy/paste the lines provided into notepad and save the file as a .reg file using the ALL files option. The double click the new file to insert it into registry.

Pandora's Box
08-16-04, 09:17 AM
muppet what are you system specs?

SH64
08-16-04, 09:40 AM
.Have moved up from a 9700 pro and joined the dark side. :clap:

nVIDIA is not the dark side ! :p .. & may the OpenGL force be with you! ;)

mikechai
08-16-04, 10:56 AM
Just got my new avatar. ;)

MUYA
08-16-04, 07:59 PM
Use this thread thanks

http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=33123

Closed