PDA

View Full Version : Audigy 2 Software Suite and Drivers Leaked


sh*tshot
10-31-02, 10:31 AM
SORRY FOR POSTING THIS HERE but you don't have a Soundcard section and if you did I bet it would be as popular as this section.

It looks like chinese website MyDrivers has found a leaked or ripped version of the Audigy 2 software and drivers. They are offering two download links: the complete set at 179Mbyte and drivers only at 24Mbyte.

According to MyDrivers the new revised driver and software suite also works on original Audigy and SoundBlaster Live! cards. They also seem to produce a little richer and warmer sound says MyDrivers.

http://www.warp2search.net/article.php?sid=8101&mode=thread&order=0

StealthHawk
11-01-02, 04:57 AM
whatever happened to the unified architecture drivers Creative was talking about releasing months ago? supposedly they were built off of a new code base.

Smokey
11-01-02, 12:35 PM
Originally posted by StealthHawk
whatever happened to the unified architecture drivers Creative was talking about releasing months ago? supposedly they were built off of a new code base.

What do you mean? These drivers are dated september, supports cards from the live and up also includes win98/winxp in one driver. Is this what you are looking for? :p

StealthHawk
11-02-02, 07:20 AM
Originally posted by Smokey
What do you mean? These drivers are dated september, supports cards from the live and up also includes win98/winxp in one driver. Is this what you are looking for? :p
they're leaked drivers though, aren't they? are there new, better drivers provided by Creative yet?

Smokey
11-02-02, 08:35 PM
Originally posted by StealthHawk
they're leaked drivers though, aren't they? are there new, better drivers provided by Creative yet?

1. So are the Nvidia drivers that most of us use.
2. I didnt get the usuall setup screen as before and I didnt get a warning that they werent certicfied drivers? using XP

Here is a pic of the driver files, plus driver date, version etc.

StealthHawk
11-03-02, 04:13 AM
the difference being that many people deride Creative's driver quality, whereas nvidia drivers are usually stable for most people. all versions of nvidia drivers that i have used in the past have been stable for the most part(newer drivers have texture flashing in the original Unreal, besides that, everything always works fine)

Smokey
11-04-02, 06:53 AM
All of Creative drivers have always worked great in the 3+ years Ive had my card. Well Ive been using these drivers a couple of days now, no probs here, although I would like to dl the extra software as people said that has also changed and is much better, but its a 175mb dl :rolleyes:

BTW, when it comes to drivers, I only talk about my experiences not other peoples!

Tactics
11-04-02, 11:52 AM
What OS? just XP and 2000 still? I can't find any info. on that.

Smokey
11-04-02, 07:27 PM
Originally posted by Tactics
What OS? just XP and 2000 still? I can't find any info. on that.

Check the pic I posted above, you can see folders win98/ME and XP/2000. One driver for all OS ;)