PDA

View Full Version : Warcraft 3 ver. 1.17

superklye
08-17-04, 10:24 AM
Just saw this on www.planetwarcraft.com and am again floored by Blizzard. They continue to make this game effing incredible and continue to show that they are indeed one of, if not the best game company out there.

Beta version 404 of the upcoming 1.17 patch is now available on the Westfall gateway. This patch contains many bug fixes, balance changes, a couple new features, and two new Neutral Heroes:

Goblin Alchemist (http://www.battle.net/war3/neutral/goblinalchemist.shtml)
In this unconventional pairing, a fanatical Goblin master rides on the back of his Ogre slave. Despite undergoing a series of chemical "treatments" to enforce compliance, the Ogre sometimes shows signs of independence and even outright defiance. However, these outbursts are swiftly quelled by the Goblin master, who can be like his concoctions -- harsh and volatile. Though personal differences may at times distract this duo, when it comes to biological warfare and raw, brute strength, the Goblin Alchemist and his Ogre slave are truly at the top of their game!

Firelord (http://www.battle.net/war3/neutral/firelord.shtml)
Long ago, when the world was in a state of constant turmoil, the Elementals (Earth, Wind, Fire and Water) faithfully served their Old-God masters. When the Old Gods were defeated by the coming of the Titans, the Elementals were banished to an alternate plane of existence. Over time the world became Azeroth, where Human wizards learned how to call back the Elementals through the art of summoning. The Firelord is one of these liberated Elementals. Consumed by hatred for all organic life, he roams the world he once called home, sewing chaos, wreaking vengeance, and inflicting pain with extreme prejudice.

-------------------------------------------------------

I can't wait for this patch to come out. :)

0rk.p0rk
08-17-04, 10:30 AM
Er..the beta patch is already out and you can test the new heroes as well as a whole slew of balance changes.

superklye
08-17-04, 10:31 AM
Yeah, I know. Did you read my post? It says that in the first italic line. :rolleyes:

0rk.p0rk
08-17-04, 10:33 AM
Just skimmed and saw the "can't wait for this patch to come out". :)

superklye
08-17-04, 10:42 AM
I said that because this isn't the final release and there are many things that could happen before it IS finally released. I want to download and install the beta, but I dunno if I should or not.

OldOfEvil
08-17-04, 12:55 PM
I don't think I've touched WC3 since Frozen throne first came out.. hrmm, might be time to reinstall it. Funny how SC never leaves my HD though heh..

Ninjaman09
08-17-04, 12:57 PM
That's because StarCraft is the best RTS ever.

superklye
08-17-04, 02:15 PM
Man, isn't that the truth? If there was ever a game that required a sequel more, i don't know what it is.

I was so upset when I found the Marine, Hyrdalisk and Zergling units in WC3. It was like Blizzard said "hey, look! We can do it, but we're not going to! We're just going to give you blue balls instead! Bitches!"

Edge
08-17-04, 03:35 PM
Bah, double post...why can't I delete this one?

Edge
08-17-04, 03:36 PM
Heh, yeah I liked Starcraft more than WC3, but I play WC3 more because of it's great game-finding system and better interface (well, that and I can't find my Brood War CD...). Is kinda nice that they're still adding things to the game, I haven't even used most of the regular neutral heroes let alone the ones they've added in the patches. Looks like I'm gonna have some catching up to do, heh.

What abilities do the new heroes get? It still amazes me that after 84 individual skills they're still coming up with new ones for new heroes.

|JuiceZ|
08-17-04, 03:40 PM
That's because StarCraft is the best RTS ever.

Yes period. So why haven't they made or even started development on a sequel yet? :angel2:

Edge
08-17-04, 03:44 PM
Yes period. So why haven't they made or even started developement on a sequel yet?

Maybe they have but haven't announced it yet. Wouldn't suprise me if they reveal it after World of Warcraft is released. I mean...what else would they be working on? Diablo 3?

|JuiceZ|
08-17-04, 03:49 PM
Maybe they have but haven't announced it yet. Wouldn't suprise me if they reveal it after World of Warcraft is released. I mean...what else would they be working on? Diablo 3?

O thats right forgot about WoW. Still, just can't see them letting the SC series go, there's so many out who would love to see a sequel. Maybe its next?

"proooceedin'...." :cool:

saturnotaku
08-17-04, 04:03 PM
O thats right forgot about WoW. Still, just can't see them letting the SC series go, there's so many out who would love to see a sequel. Maybe its next?

"proooceedin'...." :cool:

Haven't they been working on SC:Ghost? I know that doesn't technically count, but they haven't been sitting on their thumbs.

Edge
08-17-04, 04:14 PM
I thought Starcraft Ghost was being developed by an outside company that they're just overseeing? Well, at least SC: Ghost seems to be upholding the company's tradition of game delays, it was originally supposed to come out in late 2002 and has now been slated for a 2005 release. Maybe SC2 will come out before Starcraft Ghost :D

OldOfEvil
08-17-04, 05:13 PM
Last I heard they took back control of Ghost from Nihilisitc? I belive it was.. can't be a good sign. As it wasn't SC2, which is what it sure seemed like it would be during the intial count down, but I don't think it will be a bad game.

superklye
08-17-04, 05:33 PM
I thought I heard that Ghost had been scrapped all together?