PDA

View Full Version : GTA:San Andreas

Rob_0126
08-17-04, 05:55 PM
I read GameInformer, and Im intrigued. It's a lot more than the city, and splashed countryside. Theirs like 12 towns, and it says that it would take 15 real minutes to cross the countryside in a car. (pimp)

I dont condon violence, but unfortunetly, GTA has come as close as most of us wanted an open ended, exploration game. San Andreas might make me break down and get a PS2, unless it comes out for the xbox or pc later on.

aAv7
08-17-04, 06:06 PM
Well seeing as every gta so far has been ported to pc....I think this one will follow suite =) Cant wait either :drooling:

sytaylor
08-18-04, 02:32 AM
Only thing is, I have a feeling this port will take even longer and be buggier than the last two ports. The game itself sounds awesome though, no more molten lava water! HE CAN SWIM!!!!!!!!!

Mr. Hunt
08-18-04, 12:45 PM
Who cares about all of that? He can ride a bicycle and it is set in the early 90s :).

Slyder
08-18-04, 12:59 PM
San Andreas might make me break down and get a PS2, unless it comes out for the xbox or pc later on.

I not long sold my PS2 as well. If it is to be ported onto the PC and is worse then the Vice City port, I will not hesitate to buy a new PS2.

ynnek
08-18-04, 03:16 PM
Only way I'd consider getting it would be a good PC port... I hate the PS2 controls.. also, the other two GTA's, I got tired of them before I finished..

Also, the graphics are going to look reallly ugly now that I'm spoiled with games like Far Cry and D3!

Rob_0126
08-18-04, 05:13 PM
Only way I'd consider getting it would be a good PC port... I hate the PS2 controls.. also, the other two GTA's, I got tired of them before I finished..

Also, the graphics are going to look reallly ugly now that I'm spoiled with games like Far Cry and D3!

Believe it or not, the graphics look fair. Plus, when it comes to games that have an immersion level this big, I can overlook the 8x aliasing and ansitropic filtering :)

CaptNKILL
08-18-04, 06:27 PM
Does this game use a new engine? The last ones were abymsal. Im pretty sure they used the same engine for the first two (top view) as the second two (third person 3d) because of the horribly short draw distance.

GTA 3 ran horrible on my system when I had an AXP @ 2Ghz, 512Mbs of RAM and a ti 4400. And it doesnt look good at all really.

Bah, i wont even get started on all the things i hated about GTA 3... but i still think GTA 2 was loads of fun. I hope they create a smoother (less complicated) and faster engine for the new one.

mezkal
08-19-04, 06:26 AM
I not long sold my PS2 as well. If it is to be ported onto the PC and is worse then the Vice City port, I will not hesitate to buy a new PS2.

Hmm what exactly was wrong with Vice City on PC? The higher poly models? The better shading engine? The fact you can play it online with MTA?

I'm confused.

Oh and btw if you *really* want to see the game look sheethawt get the XBOX version. Fantastic use of PS makes the vehicles (which have truely been the star of the series) look amazing. Details reflected in the duco. :)

ragejg
08-19-04, 08:08 AM
I like how your player can be emaciated or fat, depending on how well you take care of yourself in the game.. and your stamina and stuff changes with body weight... quite an original concept...

majortom
08-19-04, 08:45 AM
im going to become obese and try to ride around on a bike.

DarkKeeper
08-19-04, 09:40 AM
This game sounds good so far alot of new features have been added, can't wait to try it.

Slyder
08-19-04, 11:16 AM
Hmm what exactly was wrong with Vice City on PC? The higher poly models? The better shading engine? The fact you can play it online with MTA?

I'm confused.

Oh and btw if you *really* want to see the game look sheethawt get the XBOX version. Fantastic use of PS makes the vehicles (which have truely been the star of the series) look amazing. Details reflected in the duco. :)

Fact : GTA 3 and Vice City play far better on the PS2.

I'm confused as well. Where do's it say that every post I make I have to answer to you ? This is the second time you have made a bad post against me for no apperent reason. I trust this will be the last ? :rolleyes:

mezkal
08-19-04, 12:02 PM
Fact : GTA 3 and Vice City play far better on the PS2.

I'm confused as well. Where do's it say that every post I make I have to answer to you ? This is the second time you have made a bad post against me for no apperent reason. I trust this will be the last ? :rolleyes:

WTF? A bad post *against* you? You offered an opinion. Not a fact. I countered that with some questions. It's called a discussion. Sheesh.

Did I call you a name? Was my post even structured in any way that could be insulting? I am confused by your statements regarding the games being better on PS2. So what? Chill bro. It's nothing serious.

I think maybe you need to relax. I have nothing whatsoever against you or anyone. What happened before in the driver discussion was about the content of your reply. I questioned the quality of your response. Not the makeup of your personality. I'm still confused how you misread this one though. Like totally.

Let's just chalk this one up to a misunderstanding and leave it at that. Please don't try and threaten me. All I did was ask you some questions.

Slyder
08-19-04, 12:30 PM
What happened before in the driver discussion was about the content of your reply.

Driver's forum ? I do not know which post you are talking about, nor do I care. I am on about the response you gave here (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=403594#post403594) in the Gaming Forum.

Threaten you ? and what have I threatend you with exactly.

How about a deal, please dont quote me in future if all you can is flame, and make a show of yourself and I will forget all about it.

mezkal
08-19-04, 12:42 PM
Driver's forum ? I do not know which post you are talking about, nor do I care. I am on about the response you gave here (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=403594#post403594) in the Gaming Forum.

Threaten you ? and what have I threatend you with exactly.

How about a deal, please dont quote me in future if all you can is flame, and make a show of yourself and I will forget all about it.

Oh that quote! Right well I was right. You didn't know what you were talking about. Anywho why be so oversensitive? I mean you didn't seem to have anything to say to the guy who called you a "one man toolshed". Cmon man. It's a forum! We discuss shtuff here. If you're going to get pissy when I poke a virtual tongue out at you or ask you some leading questions how can we have conversation?

I haven't flamed you once. That's exactly the kind of threat I'm talking about. You're labelling me. I don't label you. I may not agree with you but I've remained civil. Please do the same. Sheesh it's just a forum afterall. :)

Slyder
08-19-04, 01:37 PM
Oh that quote! Right well I was right. You didn't know what you were talking about. Anywho why be so oversensitive? I mean you didn't seem to have anything to say to the guy who called you a "one man toolshed". I've remained civil. Please do the same. Sheesh it's just a forum afterall. :)

Coming into another thread, and trying to make another smart remark is your idea of civil ? I dont take offense to childish remarks such as "toolshed". I take offense by people saying I dont know what I am talking about (when they have no idea themselves), then pursue me in other topics just because the have nothing better to do.

Well done thou. You have managed to totally bring this topic to a completely different subject altogether. I have more important things to be getting on with now. So I will stop this here, have your say, and please stop quoteing me in future if all you can do is whinge.

Rob_0126
08-19-04, 04:13 PM
Look! A Cow! (mag)

mezkal
08-19-04, 05:31 PM
"Cows with guns!"

CaptNKILL
08-19-04, 08:33 PM
:flame: :flame: :flame: :flame: