PDA

View Full Version : hl2 delayed to 11/1

Pages : [1] 2

Ruined
08-17-04, 06:35 PM
so says ebgames. :lame:
:lol2:

edit: might have been a temporary glitch? back to 9/1 now.

baller99
08-17-04, 06:43 PM
Valve has ATI, a giant corporation, breathing down its neck every minute to finish the game. I think it will be finished on time. ATI is not happy doom 3 runs faster on a card from nvidia that costs 100 dollars cheaper than their fastest.

aAv7
08-17-04, 06:47 PM
well 9/1 and 9/30 have never been officially announced right? So 11/1 is a possiblility. Vivendi are the biggest wads when it comes to releasing games. Anyways, Lombardi said "this fall" sept 1st is still summer...fall starts in october? Or is it late sept?

Kinda funny if they do release it 11/1 though, seeing as thq ran away crying with stalker until 2005 because their november release was chased away by Halo 2, which I still dont understand, seeing as pc games and consoles are usually played by different breeds of gamers. Very rarely do you find someone dedicated to both.

::sigh:: 3 more months I suppose. :lame:

XP_GUN
08-17-04, 06:56 PM
not again :rolleyes:

holmes
08-17-04, 07:00 PM
say it ain't so.. but then again I shouldn't be surprised..
:bleh:

Bad_Boy
08-17-04, 07:03 PM
i was about to say, how can there be a delay if theres no set date yet? ;x

lol
as long as they bring it out before summer if "technically" over. september 21 or somthin.

NoWayDude
08-17-04, 07:22 PM
Taking bets that HL2 will be release at same time of R500 :) so they can implement P.S 3.0 in the game?

(for the ones with a short sense of humour, yes, it is a sarcastic coment!)

Mr. Hunt
08-17-04, 07:47 PM
WHAT? I am so amazed!

jbirney
08-17-04, 08:57 PM
Well CS:Source is the MP for HL2 and thats out in beta now...so techincally it is out? :)

superklye
08-17-04, 09:10 PM
*walks in*

Who's surprised?

*looks around for raised hands*

*sees none*

*walks out*

aAv7
08-17-04, 09:23 PM
i was about to say, how can there be a delay if theres no set date yet? ;x

lol
as long as they bring it out before summer if "technically" over. september 21 or somthin.

They've already re-quoted what they said at E3 this year. Quite pathetic really...they said the game would be out by summer's end....now they claim they meant-they'll have the game done and handed to vivendi by summer's end, but it wont be on store shelves till autum. :rolleyes: Cant wait to see what the next issue/excuse is. So far they used the stolen code as a means for a delay, gabe then pointed the finger at upper managment for a "scheduling conflict" which i'll never buy. Your making the game-you see only 50% is done, and you have 3 months till release...what conflict is there? Now they've put the script online...ugh...ridiculous....to think this is a company with the purpose of making money (mag)

walkndude
08-18-04, 12:08 AM
I think its obvious that gabe ia a modern day pinochio, for every lie he makes his waistline grows an inch...

holmes
08-18-04, 12:21 AM
hehe..
:rofl

Edge
08-18-04, 03:22 AM
Eh, most of these EBgames/Gamespot dates are just made up anyway, so I wouldn't put any faith in them. They're also the ones who at one time listed Doom 3, Halo 2, and Fable as coming out late-2003 (and they gave exact dates, they just kept pushing them back whenever the date was coming up).

But I think the game is fairly close to release. Too much of the content seems complete for them to push it TOO much farther back (though November is certainly a posibility), hell they have the whole script for the game in, and I'm sure they started the CS:Source beta for a reason. My guess is September 15th, 2004...though like the other dates given for the game that could be pushed back :D

killahsin
08-18-04, 06:40 AM
I wouldn't take to much faith in ebgames or any other retailers release dates. They are all just projected guesses. They don't get any inside info from developers.

Slyder
08-18-04, 06:45 AM
I wouldn't take to much faith in ebgames or any other retailers release dates. They are all just projected guesses. They don't get any inside info from developers.

To true. GAME near me keeps changing there "release date" more times then I have had hot dinners, and thats a hell of alot.

vampireuk
08-18-04, 06:53 AM
Face it guys, there is no HL2 :p

majortom
08-18-04, 06:53 AM
Must....kill...valve.....destroy....hurt.....major tom Mad...grrrrr!!!

Mathesar
08-18-04, 08:45 AM
ebgames is still showing 9/1/04..

http://www.ebgames.com/ebx/product/235059.asp

Ruined
08-18-04, 09:45 AM
Got this in my email this morning

Dear,
Thank you for your recent purchase from Walmart.com. We
are writing to let you know that the release date of your
item(s) has changed. Please see the information below to
find out when the new release date is, and when you can
expect to receive your order.

Half-Life 2: Collector's Edition PC
Original release date : 02 SEP 2004
New release date : 02 NOV 2004
Selected Shipping Method : Standard

superklye
08-18-04, 10:02 AM
boo.

what's in the collector's edition that makes it different/better than the standard one?

Ruined
08-18-04, 10:11 AM
boo.

what's in the collector's edition that makes it different/better than the standard one?

Apparently has CS: Source and HL: Source included among other things. Walmart has it on sale for $59.99 which aint much more than the standard edition.

edit: best buy, amazon, gamestop all now say 11/1

aAv7
08-18-04, 11:14 AM
ah 11/1..valve continues to impress.

ynnek
08-18-04, 11:16 AM
actually, ebgames still says Sept, gamestop doesn't show the date anymore?

aAv7
08-18-04, 11:25 AM
who knows...since lombardi said this fall..november makes sense I guess since winter doesnt start until dec. 23rd or around there. Just tired of waiting and waiting, what also ticks me off about it coming in november is, it will probably scare away more developers and make even more delays. Medal of honor pacific assault has been constantly delayed since last year....they finally said this november...but something tells me thats gona change again now. THQ must of had some insider info on HL2s release-now THAT makes sense for delaying their game until Q1 05, rather than the Halo 2 excuse they gave. Vampires Masquerde was also suppose to be out in oct. but it cant be released until after HL2, read tons of interviews with developers stating this....so thats another push back....valve is getting good here, not only do they keep pushing their game back, they've found a way to push everyones games back-way to ruin an industry valve! =/ (Based on the assumption these companies will hold off now)