PDA

View Full Version : Possible fix for Counter-Striker jerkiness

eL_PuSHeR
10-31-02, 03:39 PM
If Counter-Strike seems to move very jerky even if fps are kept at a steady pace, then try to physically unplug some (or all) USB devices, like scanners. Today I bought an USB scanner and while the cable was pluged, I couldn't play CS due to increased jerkiness.
As soon as I unplug the cable CS moves smooth again. This is annoying but is better than jerkiness.

LORD-eX-Bu
11-01-02, 11:08 PM
or you could just do everyone a favor and stop playing it. :p

DoinkyBottoms
11-03-02, 09:31 PM
Originally posted by [eNv]-LORD-eX-Bu
or you could just do everyone a favor and stop playing it. :p

Woot!!

AIIIIIIEEEEEEE!!! I said it!!!! Find some garlic!!! Quake, I need Quake!!! Ahhhhh, it's passed now.

stncttr908
11-04-02, 08:11 AM
You have a GF2MX in that system? :mad:

DoinkyBottoms
11-04-02, 09:15 PM
Yaaaa, helllooooooo. You can't play counter-strike at more than 1000 fps (speed lag you know) so you have to make sure your card is slow enough not to break that limit. I tried to play it on my 9700 and all I saw was weird flashing and some dots. Fraps reported like 5 million fps and then crashed. Hmmm. I'll have to try the CS sequel, counter-pong, and do some benchmarking. It's supposed to have twice the colors of counter-strike. 3.

ALobpreis
11-05-02, 01:06 PM
The CS engine can't pass 99 fps!!

DoinkyBottoms
11-05-02, 05:35 PM
Will someone that got the joke please explain it?

LORD-eX-Bu
11-05-02, 05:36 PM
What joke?

StealthHawk
11-05-02, 05:55 PM
Originally posted by [eNv]-LORD-eX-Bu
What joke?

DoinkyBottom's post was making fun of CS. that was the joke.

LORD-eX-Bu
11-05-02, 05:59 PM
oh ok. Haha!

DoinkyBottoms
11-05-02, 08:35 PM
All in fun. I HAD my CS days like everyone else. Or months. 9 hours straight and whatnot. I remember trying to fix tearing on my Geforce 256. Ah, the good old days when 4X AGP was just a babe...

thcdru2k
11-05-02, 09:20 PM
i never had cs days..i was always the ut kind of guy. with all those counterstrike cafe's poppin up and buncha asian guys playing it turned me away. plus ut is more bloody :)

marqmajere
11-05-02, 10:23 PM
Making fun of CS?? :eek: Never! That crap game deserves your respect. Pay no attention that most of the folks who do play it complain about the difficulty of just about every other game. I played it maybe twice. UT or Tribes 2 for me please. Cannot wait for Doom 3.

CS=Big pile of stinky poo!!

Marqus

Starscream
11-05-02, 11:19 PM
Originally posted by marqmajere

CS=Big pile of stinky poo!!

Agreed.

The one good feature of cs (actually it's from halflife) is the decals. I remember a great lan party where several friends and I installed counter strike and joined some games on the net. We used the spray paint thing to put several pictures of the goatse guy on the walls of every game we joined. :)

volt
11-05-02, 11:40 PM
What jerkiness?
The only one I experienced was when the mouse was chopping like hell, it wasn't smooth. It only happens when I reinstall the game. I first go into LAN game, and then into regular multiplayer. That fixes it :)

thcdru2k
11-05-02, 11:46 PM
wow people that also agree..i didn't want to offend before..but cs sucks..the majority of the people who play it suck and the only reason that so many people play it is because its old tech, and its the easiest fps to become good at.

StealthHawk
11-06-02, 12:22 AM
Originally posted by thcdru2k
the only reason that so many people play it is because its old tech, and its the easiest fps to become good at.

i disagree. i still see lots of people who suck around. hell, i know people who played for a year and still suck, even when getting pointers from other people.

CS has its own nuances that make it hard to become elite, just like most other games. there probably is less skill involved than in games like Q3, UT, etc though

marqmajere
11-06-02, 12:55 AM
Don't forget the cheaters. Heck. I believe that they even evolved past cheaters into something else.

Marqus

DoinkyBottoms
11-06-02, 08:33 AM
As penny arcade once said, cheaters are...Oh ya, public forum, nevermind! :D

StealthHawk
11-06-02, 03:33 PM
there are actually a considerably smaller amount of cheaters, at least in CS