PDA

View Full Version : Source Benchmark

jAkUp
08-18-04, 08:09 PM
Also included in this portion of the beta is a Valve Source technology benchmark. The benchmark will be available to all beta participants via the main menu. Results will be displayed upon completion, and beta participants will then have the option to send the results to a Valve-hosted public web page tracking the results as done in prior Valve surveys.

Nice :nanahump:

Omega53
08-18-04, 10:39 PM
I scored 73 fps @ 1280x1024 4AA 8AF Max details.

aAv7
08-19-04, 01:03 AM
I scored 71fps, same settings-but gpu @ stock. =)

killahsin
08-19-04, 01:21 AM
I scored 90 frames on default 1024x768 settings with the aa/af set to 4/8
nforce 2
6800gt@stock
barton 2800@stock
512 kingston ram
65.xx drivers

To bad CS:S just keeps crashing =p The source engine looked sweet in that benchmark though. Very sweet indeed

evilchris
08-19-04, 01:23 AM
Mine crashes at launch from the Steam client with Application Error Memory cannot be "read" blah blah

CaptNKILL
08-19-04, 01:30 AM
wow, i realize these CS:S levels probably dont have half the detail of HL 2 levels... but these framerates are nuts considering this is one of the "next gen" game engines.
Nvidia and ATI really outdid themselves this year... these cards are amazing. I wouldnt be surprised if it every high profile game that comes out this year runs flawlessly at high settings on a 6800 GT\Ultra or an X800 Pro\XT. I remember my Voodoo 3 2000 PCI chugging really bad (even overclocked) in Quake 3... and they came out the same year. The V3 2000 wasnt quite the top card but it wasnt much behind the 3000 and 3500. It still amazes me when people complain about video card prices (well unless they are forced to spend $800 on a $500 card) these days. Ill admit my V3 was cheap ($100) but even the top of the line $400 cards couldnt run Quake 3 smoothly at high details... todays top of the line card run Doom 3 and CS:S at almost perfect framerates with all eye candy on (and then some)...

Ive heard it before, ill say it again. These is good times to be a PC gamer :headbang:

aAv7
08-19-04, 01:31 AM
I'm able to play it....never was into cs much, this is the same old thing with a face lift...it's nice being able to play a beta tho, so no complaints here. CS doesnt look anywhere as good as the benchmark tho.

evilchris
08-19-04, 01:54 AM
DH posted some benches comparing 6x ATI AA to 8xS NV. lol. They won't ever quit...

killahsin
08-19-04, 03:32 AM
you have to admit that that 'benchmark' looks awesome

Those material shaders are sweet

just looked at that driver heaven benchmark.

No offense but my GT scores higher than what they are showing at those settings. There is some serious fudging going on over there.

Rakeesh
08-19-04, 03:44 AM
how do you apply to play the CS:S beta if you have one of those radeons that was supposed to include HL2?

EDIT: nevermind, I found it. Steam pisses me off though. Sucks that I have to use steam to play NS and HL, I really wish valve wouldn't do that. I guess thats why they are the vaporware valve though.

schuey74
08-19-04, 10:34 AM
DH posted some benches comparing 6x ATI AA to 8xS NV. lol. They won't ever quit...
I don't see what's the problem as long as those aren't the only settings used. Aside rom the 65% advantage at those settings. Any problems with the benches done w/ the overclocked Ultra running various drivers and with more system ram against the stock XT:PE and still trailing by 25% - 40%?

And before you start grasping @ straws:
Probably worth noting that all optimisations were on for the 65.62 and i tested with vsync disabled in the driver and app and also aa/af enabled in both to check the results were ok no matter what method was used. Finally, my original findings have been replecated by 2 organisations outside DH.

OWA
08-19-04, 10:57 AM
The gamer's depot benches look a little more reasonable.

http://www.gamers-depot.com/hardware/video_cards/source/002.htm

Edit: CPU differences though. Hmm, I guess we'll have to wait for more results from other places.

ynnek
08-19-04, 11:07 AM
there's another thread on this in the benchmarking forum too..

OWA
08-19-04, 11:21 AM
Why is that the XTPE pulls away from the pack? Is it just b/c of the extra pipes and being clocked higher? The GT and Pro are neck and neck like always. It would be interesting to see overclocked X800 Pro results to see if it comes close to the XTPE results.

Pandora's Box
08-19-04, 11:33 AM
so the benchmark looks awesome? screenshots for the n00bs that dont have cs source. pleasseeeee