PDA

View Full Version : CS:S availability, must either own a crappy game or a coupon?

Krakn3Dfx
08-18-04, 11:33 PM
"The second phase of the Counter-Strike: Source beta has opened and the game is now playable for owners of Counter-Strike: Condition Zero and the ATI/HL2 bundle."

Nice, Gabe is living so far down in ATI's pocket, he's set up a microwave and a minifridge full of Hot Pockets and Mountain Dew.

I bought Half Life for $50 when it came out! Where my playtest Gabe, you Jabba the Hutt lookin' m**th*rf*ck*r?!!?!

aAv7
08-19-04, 01:02 AM
bashing the guy's weight isnt gonna put a copy of cs:s on your hd.

intercede007
08-19-04, 01:08 AM
I bought Half Life for $50 when it came out! Where my playtest Gabe, you Jabba the Hutt lookin' m**th*rf*ck*r?!!?!

What reason do you have that Gabe and Valve owe you anything at all?

killahsin
08-19-04, 01:17 AM
er yeah that was what in 1998/99 ? 5-6 years ago? How many mods did you get for free even after they became retail products? How many of those mods had direct developer support? How many years has valve been upgrading and patching the engine for those mods? I don't mean to make this sound like a flame, but lets be realistic here.

I can understand your frustrations being you want to test/play. But eh...? I think they have every right to restrict it to ATI coupon and CZ owners, due to the fact ATI owners may have bought the card a year ago for hl2, and the delays etc. And CZ owners because they are their most active paying customers.

mezkal
08-19-04, 08:05 AM
bashing the guy's weight isnt gonna put a copy of cs:s on your hd.

I agree. How about I bash him for the Nazi uniform he has so proudly displayed in his offices? That and his rather unhealthy fascination with knives too.

Nuff Said.

PS : I love Half Life. I will adore Half Life 2. CS : S will never be my cuppa tho.

Ninjaman09
08-19-04, 09:43 AM
Yeah, a Nazi uniform in his office must mean that he himself is a Nazi or a supporter of the Nazi cause. What other conclusion can be drawn? History buff? No way! Just thought it looked cool? Can't be!

And a knives collection. Wow. What a weirdo. It's so unusual to see someone who likes to collect things.

As intercede007 said, Valve and Gabe Newell owe you guys nothing. It's their game that they've worked hard on for years, and they'll release it when they feel like it's ready. Learn a little something called "patience".

DivotMaker
08-19-04, 10:01 AM

:rolleyes: Unfreakingbelievable....

Krakn3Dfx
08-19-04, 10:41 AM
:rolleyes: Unfreakingbelievable....

Yeah, I know, I was just rambling.

I'll still buy HL2, and complain when I can't get the playtest for CS:S2 comes out in 6 more years. Be ready...

saturnotaku
08-19-04, 02:09 PM
I'll still buy HL2, and complain when I can't get the playtest for CS:S2 comes out in 6 more years. Be ready...

I got three words for 'ya:

Get a life

=Quex=
08-19-04, 02:21 PM
"
Nice, Gabe is living so far down in ATI's pocket, he's set up a microwave and a minifridge full of Hot Pockets and Mountain Dew.

gee, i didn't know all ATI owners had CZ! :rolleyes:

guess what: nobody owes you anything...shut up and keep waiting
(newb)

|JuiceZ|
08-19-04, 03:43 PM
blah, nubs :rolleyes: